𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter thirteen | harry

————☽•☾————

           "𝙃e's a Slytherin El, they won't change that easily, look, go to Madam Pomfrey about those bruises." Cedric quietly told the girl, holding up her hand to inspect the bruises, which weren't painful at all but Elena guessed she should just entertain Cedric, knowing exactly that he won't let it go. "You're a Beater... Where's Brianna?" He swallowed hard, his Adam's Apple going up and down and Elena sighed.

"Probably down in the kitchens because Jake managed to score detention with Professor Lupin—I don't know how he got that possibe! That man is literally the kindest soul to ever walk this earth!" Elena shook her head. Cedric let out a chuckle, amused.

"I bet you Jake would even get detention thrown at him by Binns." Cedric grinned, shaking his head. "And that's saying a lot."

"So, totally unrelated question and I'm not asking for Brianna but myself," Elena blushed when Cedric raised a brow at her and she averted her eyes from his, clearing her throat. "Who are you taking to Hogsmeade this weekend?"

Cedric blinked, then blushed a brighter shade of red than Elena. "Er—um—I don't know. I usually go with my friends but they all have dates and I don't to ruin it for them, honestly."

Elena nodded, feeling embarrassed that she even asked. "Oh, sorry I asked, was just wondering."

"It's fine." Cedric flashed her a smile. "Who are you taking?"

"I'm probably not going." She shrugged, then wrapped the thick mustard blanket tighter around herself, resting her head on Cedric's shoulder, who stiffened a little at the sudden contact but relaxed soon after.

"Why not?" Cedric inquired, although he already knew the answer to that question. Theodore Nott was a big prat, that's why.

"Theo is—um—not going too, I think." Elena whispered, running her thumb over the bruise and she saw Cedric reach out for her uninjured hand, giving it a squeeze and Elena sighed. "I think I love him—no I do love him Cedric, and it hurts that he's ignoring me."

"Hey, shh, I'm here." Cedric whispered, wrapping an arm around the girl, who sniffed rather loudly and she sighed again.

"Thanks Ced."

"Just doing my duty as Prefect and as your friend El."

————☽•☾————

          𝙀lena looked up from where she sat when someone cleared their throat. She was prepared to tell the person that she was busy and would like to be left alone but the words got caught in her throat when she noticed it was Harry. He looked uncomfortable, judging by the fact that he kept on shifting his weight around. Elena herself blushed and pushed away the strands of hair that managed to escape the ponytail she had.

"Hello Harry, can I help you with something?" Elena politely asked, closing the book she was reading after placing the book mark Theodore made for her in the page she was at. It was a piece of green paper, where he lazily scribbled his initials and the words to the moon, stars and back shone in silver.

"Oh yes, see I was—um—wondering if you were going to Hogsmeade this weekend?" He asked, ears going red.

"I wasn't planning on going." Elena truthfully replied, shrugging a little. She saw Harry beam.

"Wonderful!" He blushed again. "I mean—uh—that's great, not great I mean! I'm sure you'd want to go with Brianna and—"

"Oh, no, I really am not going." Elena cut him off, awkwardly pushing yet another strand of hair away from her face, blushing when Harry decided to take a seat across her.

"Oh, all my friends are going and I was wondering—"

"Kitchens." Harry raised a brow. "On the day of the outing, we can go to the kitchens, it'd be the same as being at Hogsmeade." Elena shrugged. "How are you doing Harry?"

She saw Harry purse his lips together, as though in deep thought. "Besides Black and your aunt escaping and coming here, this year is by far the most quietest one."

"And that's saying a lot considering who you are." Elena joked and blushed a red when Harry raised a brow at her. "Oh fuck, I'm sorry! That was meant as a joke, sorry."

To her great surprise, Harry laughed. "It's a good one." He smiled at her and Elena returned the smile before awkwardly stuffing her books away. "Are you going back to your common room? Can I walk you?"

"S-sure." Elena swallowed hard, licking her lips and she swung her bag over her shoulder, pushing her chair in and waited patiently as Harry did the same. "Harry," Elena began as the made their way out the library. "This is going to sound weird but—um—does your scar hurt s-sometimes?"

Harry blinked. "It used to hurt a lot in first year, it does hurt but not that much. Why the sudden question?"

Elena felt hot and she curled her fingers into fists, trying to calm herself. "M-my aunt wanted to kill me with the—um—Killing Curse but she opted for the Crucio, stating that killing me won't destroy my mother but driving me insane would." She swallowed hard. She had never told anyone this piece of information and why she was spilling it to the boy who lived was a mystery to her. "She left multiple scars on m-my body and sometimes they hurt. And since you have a scar of your own, I—never mind, it's stupid."

Harry frowned. "I'm sorry your aunt did that to you." He cleared his throat. "My aunt isn't as bad as yours, considering she's a muggle but she is still horrible to me and—" Harry cleared his throat. "She has a garden and she only has lilies growing there and I can see them from my window and—" Harry didn't get to finish, for Elena had wrapped her arms around him and Harry relaxed, hugging her back.

"Thanks again Harry." Elena told the boy once they stopped at the Hufflepuff entrance. She turned around, preparing to tap the barrels in the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff when she saw Theodore standing there. "Theo...." Elena breathed out, her thumb instinctively going to the now fading bruise.

"Nott, what are you doing here?" Harry asked from beside her, wand in hand and Elena gently placed her hand on his arm.

"It's fine Harry, it's just Theo." Elena said, resisting the urge to smile. She faced Theo once more, seeing an ugly purple bruise on his jaw and another around his eye. "Theo, you look horrible."

Harry gasped in shock, so did Elena, when Theodore suddenly let out a cry of pain, tears spilling down his cheeks and Elena stuffed all her things in Harry's hands.

"I'm sorry El, I'm really sorry, I'm so—"

"Shh Theo, you're here now that's all that matters." Elena said, gently wiping away the tears from his cheeks and Theodore looked into her eyes and kissed her, not caring that Harry was here, that Harry was looking at them. He just continued to kiss her.

————☽•☾————