THE NORTHERN VALE

Civilization of Northern Vale

The harsh environment has forged Northern Valer's adoration for martialism. They believe that dying in the battlefield is a supreme honor.Since childhood, every Northern Valer has been participating in all kinds of competitions, such as wrestling, weightlifting, and archery. All the competitions are for the same aim: to be the strongest warriors. Once there is a conflict, Northern Valers like to solve it through 1v1 duals. This kind of dual would be held based on complete fairness. Those in conflicts should defeat the component with courage and strength. The most venerable elders will be the witnesses. All the people, no matter whether they win or lose in the end, would honorably respect the results. Northern Valers love feasts and drink. They would always get drunk during such feasts.Apart from that, they love stories and poems and they would write their chronicles in this way. All the Northern Valers would tell the heroic stories of the bravest warriors to their children during the long and harsh winters.

Tribal Civilization

More Conflicts between Tribes

Since the start of its civilization, the Northern Valers have been living in tribes on the vast Northern Vale, fighting for the place to live and the resources that support them. Therefore, war constantly break among those tribes. Only when one tribe destroy the other or the High Priest intervenes can the conflicts be stopped. At the start of the Glorious Era, the mighty Moniyan Empire imperial soldiers invaded the Northern Vale. Although the tribes in Northern Vale fought relentlessly, they were no peer to the well-organized imperial military. In the end, the Northern Vale was conquered by the Moniyan Empire and the Northern Valers deem it as a huge humiliation. The unyielding spirit and resistance of the Northern Valers have made the Moniyan Empire shudder. Therefore, they gave the Northern Valers high degree of autonomy and recognized the authority of the tribal leaders within their tribes. However, even so, in the next several centuries, the resistance of Northern Valers against the Moniyan Empire has never stopped. At the beginning of the Changeable Era, the Tyrant Solinus IV was so cruel, so the tribal leaders of Northern Valers have cooperated with each other and revolted. In the end, they drove away the imperial soldiers garrisoned in the Northern Vale. After all these years, the Northern Valers finally taken back the right to rule themselves. They are three classes in a typical Northern Valers' tribe: the leader, the warriors and ordinary civilians. Of course, only the leader and warriors are entitled to make decisions that will affect the whole tribe. When there is a huge event in the tribe, the leader will rally the members for discussion. In circumstances that the fate of the whole Northern Valers is concerned, the leader of the tribe will send invitations to all the other leaders and hold a Grand Rally witnessed by the High Priest. Of course, the Grand Rally of the Northern Valers are always special because it's easy for them to quarrel with each other.

Legends of Northern Vale

Faith

In the Ancient times, Northern Vale was the home to Iceland Golems.The Iceland Golems once created a splendid civilization in Northern Vale. However, through the passage of time, they gradually vanished, leaving behind historical relics with their bloodline down to the Northern Valers. According to the legends of Northern Valers, their ancestor, the Iceland Golems followed the Lord of Light away from the Land of Dawn and went to the remote strange dimension, where they built the giant Sacred Palace to accommodate those who died in the battlefield. To the Northern Valers, dying on the battlefield is a unique honor. They believe the souls of the heroes died in the battlefield would be reunited in the Sacred Palace built by the ancestors, where they could feast and wine. They would make merry and laughter from day to night. Cowards would be sentenced to the Frozen Hell, where they would suffer from endless coldness and never-ending piercing wind along with poisonous rain. Also, the Northern Valers worship all the warriors who died in the battlefield.