TIME OF LUNAR ECLIPSE

Time of Lunar Eclipse
One

It was a moonless night, and there were dark clouds over the forest. Occasionally a gust of wind blew, and the leaves rustled very softly.

Alucard swung a sword, cutting down two lower demons who had snuck around to attack from the flanks.

"Those things are so annoying." Since encountering a small group of demon scouts in the southeastern foothills of the Lantis Mountains, Alucard pursued them all the way, and saw a large group of demons on the edge of the forest. They were surrounding a small group of elves, steadily tightening the encirclement.

Alucard glanced at the besieged elves. The leading elven girl held a silver bow with her hair tied up high, directing the elves to launch a counterattack. Right after, he unlocked the seal on his right hand and rushed into the battlefield.

The demons were disrupted by the sudden enemy's deployment. They did not know how many people had come to support this small unit of elves. They rushed towards Alucard one by one, and weak points started to appear in the once watertight encirclement. Taking advantage of this opportunity, the elves began to break out.

The demons kept falling at Alucard's feet, but he had no intention of leaving the circle of war. The big sword in his hand was bright red, reflecting against the scarlet mist in the sky.

But the surrounding demons far exceeded Alucard's expectations. They surged like a tide and surrounded Alucard in groups, constantly consuming his physical strength. He suffered multiple traumas, and his strength began to fade.

Alucard jumped to the right, avoiding the attack of two lower demons, and looking forward, he found that the other elves had disappeared without a trace, except for the leading elven girl holding the silver bow, who was standing on a tree canopy. She pulled back the bowstring and aimed the bow at him.

With a "swish", a sharp arrow grazed Alucard's ear and accurately shot into the body of the demon warrior who was launching the attack at him from behind.

Alucard woke up again with an intense dizziness. He didn't even know where he was, but there were people around him. Some women with pointy ears were staring at him and whispering.

"You slept for three days and three nights, but fortunately, your injury has recovered and you can get out of bed and move around." Said one of the pointy-eared women upon seeing Alucard wake up.

Alucard turned his head. His sword was still beside him. It still had traces of blood on it. He then slowly stood up with the support of the long sword, and slowly walked out of the eaglewood scented tree house.

"How do you feel?" A light and pleasant voice came from under the tree, albeit with a tone that remained flat. Alucard looked down. The owner of the voice also had pointed ears and a hair color different from humans, as well as a silver bow on their body.

"We found you at the point where the Moonlit Forest meets the Barren Lands. You were covered in blood. Miya rescued you." Said the elf behind Alucard.

Alucard nodded towards Miya under the tree, but in truth he couldn't remember exactly how he had come to this place. The only memories that remained with him at that moment were the sudden appearance of a group of demons, the strange red moon in the sky, and the difficult fighting.

He walked down the stairs to the tree house, met Miya's slightly concerned gaze, and asked, "Thank you, what can I do for you?"

"You don't have to do anything for us. If you hadn't appeared, it might have been difficult for us to escape from the demons' encirclement."

"If you must repay us, please return to the Moniyan Empire as soon as possible."

"We elves rarely have any dealings with humans." Miya replied.