Chapter 36.1 Falling petals Part 1

AUTHOR'S POV

=== One year and 7 months later ===

It was one beautiful April morning in Ueno, Japan. Despite the sun shining with all his might and beaming all of its Ultraviolet rays at the peak of 10:00 am, the park was nowhere warm. The breeze of around 13 degree Celsius cooled the romantic place, giving it the perfect weather for cuddling with someone you love.

It was the third day of the first week of the Sakura festival. The glistening Shinobazuno Pond was surrounded with pastel pink fluttering petals falling from the full-bloom cherry blossoms which were swaying peacefully with the breeze. The vast ground was crowded with picnic mats and cheerful people, cuddling or chatting under the magnificent view.

On one corner, a bit secluded from the crowd, a man was sitting patiently on a piece of cloth. His eyes full of anticipation. He stretched his neck while looking out for the person he was waiting.

Catching a glimpse of a guy wearing an oversized pink hoodie with his hands on its pockets and thick blue jeans walking towards him, the man excitedly stood up and rushed towards the guy. He enveloped him with a tight hug. It was the kind of hug you give to someone you have been longing for years.

"I miss you," He whispered as he nuzzled his head onto his neck, inhaling his calming fragrance.

The guy did not respond. He did not hug back. He was as stiff as a log.

Pulling away from the embrace, the man brushed his fingers softly over the guy's cheek and spoke in his most endearing tone, "I miss you, Kim Seokjin. It's been a while."

Jin simply pressed his lips into a thin line. He looked at the man in front of him, with an unreadable expression. He may look calm but his heart was in chaos.

The man pulled Jin's arm towards the picnic mat. He sat down, tapping a spot on the cloth and motioning Jin to sit beside him.

With hands still tucked in his hoodie's pockets, Jin silently obeyed and settled on the picnic mat.

The man eagerly pointed out the food displayed on the mat, introducing each mouthwatering piece with pure glee. "I know you love food so I prepared quite a lot. Here you go, some sushi, California maki, edamame, kara-age, tamagoyaki, rei-shabu, morokyu and some salads. Eat at your heart's content!"

Jin shook his head and declined politely "Thank you for the offer but I'm not yet hungry."

"No worries." The man beamed his signature smile. "We have all the time in the world."

Shifting from his seat, Jin was trying to relieve the tension. It sure was nice to see him, but time has made things a little bit awkward between them. Unable to contain his thoughts, he asked in curious tones, "Why did you ask me to see you, Taehyung? What do you want to talk about?"

"...us..."

A simple word that meant a lot. Two-letter word that weighed so much that their hearts suddenly felt heavy.

"Jin, I know it has been a long time since we last saw each other. But I want you to know that my feelings for you never died. You occupy my thoughts every single day, every hour, every minute, every second. You never left my mind. You have always stayed in my heart. And now, we can love freely. The only missing piece in my life is you."

"What are you talking about, Taehyung? How about Shannon?"

"I broke up my engagement with her a long time ago. I never loved her anyway. I only love you."

"And everything is okay? Your dad wanted you to marry her. Was he okay with that? How about your mom? Shannon's family?"

"I took the risk to be with you Jin. After I broke up with Shannon, my life became crazy and messed up at first. My dad got really mad to the point of disowning me. My mom gave me a cold shoulder. Shannon and her family were pestering me. But I can assure you that it's okay now. Time healed all the pains. We're okay now. I'm in good terms with my dad, my mom, Shannon and her family."