Prologue.

Author's note: The story following after this prologue is a rewrite of TATMR, with a concept I originally thought up for a non-humanized AU. Though this is a TATMR rewrite, which elements from both released and director's cuts, I choose this particular name for it, for someone else has taken the name, TATMR rewrite. Please don't blame me for using a different name, I was trying to be original. Also, please note that I'm a Thomady shipper, and if you really hate the ship then please go and read something else for it may not be the story for you. But that aside, if you just want to see how I execute the story or like the content I bring, then just get comfortable and begin reading the prologue and the chapters following it. Thank you.

In the late spring of 1915, a ship was making its way to Sodor with a special delivery on board, in the lower decks. It had 6 small wheels, a short stumpy funnel, a short stumpy boiler, and a short stumpy dome. On the tanks, there was brown paintwork with yellow lining and the letters, 'LBSC', written big and bold. This delivery was in fact a new E2 tank engine. As he felt the waves rock him and the ship about, the E2 had a face of worry and uncertainty. Meanwhile, on Sodor, there was hustle and bustle throughout the harbor of Knapford as engines chuffed to and fro with loads of rails, ballast and sleepers, or shunting all the new coaches and trucks into place. The engines were all this busy for just ONE reason. The 3 separate railways companies of the Island were all coming to form one new, bigger railway, that will be known as the North Western Railway.

As he then looked about, another short and stumpy E2, but silver, was shunting some trucks into place, as a little green engine with a box shaped boiler chuffed in with a few empty flatbeds.

"Hey Neil!" He asked. "When will the new engine arrive?"

"Sometime today, Timothy." The boxy engine replied. "I'm not sure if you know or not, but I recently heard that he's coming from the same place you came from."

"Really?" Timothy remarked. "Do you know what kind of engine he is?"

"Well.."  Began Neil. But before he could even start, the old engine heard another voice as she shunted a line of trucks in a siding nearby them.

"Oh why are you both so frustrating?" She asked as she rolled her eyes. "Whenever I go around the bend I see you two chatting with no end."

"Oh just having a little conversation, Lady." Neil replied with a slight chuckle. "Besides, aren't you one bit curious about the new engine that will be arriving today?"

"Of course I am." the female engine replied. "It's just that I want to have this yard organized BEFORE it gets too crowded."

Lady was the main shunter for the north western railway, who had 4 wheels, golden colored brass, gold trim, and had her name written in golden cursive lettering on her tanks amongst her dark pink paintwork. She was a kind engine, who did love to help others, but she didn't exactly like the yards being disorganized for all the havoc that could happen. Then, as the three engines were about to say another word to each other, there was a deeply toned whistle that was heard in the distance from the port.

"Hey!" Timothy exclaimed. "The new engine is here!"

Then as Timothy and Neil then darted off  to meet with the new arrival, Lady just sighed as she then straightened out the rest of the trucks. As the brown E2 was then unloaded from the ship, Timothy smiled as he saw him.

"Well if I'll be darned." The silver engine exclaimed. "It's one of my own."

As Timothy then rolled up to the newcomer he smiled warmly.

"Hey." Timothy greeted. "Welcome to Sodor little brother."

As Timothy then awaited for a response, the only thing he got was the engine looking shyly away. As Timothy then was about to ask him what's wrong, Lady chuffed up.