Crescendo

Amity Blight considers herself to be a very decisive person. When she walks, she walks briskly, and with a purpose. When she talks, she turns her words over in her head before speaking, like an anxious person with a coin.

But when she was with Luz, she felt that grip she had on her decisiveness slip ever so slightly. She could wander through the forest with her, and talk endlessly about her favorite books. And that was lovely, but throughout those aimless, genuine walks and conversations, she always had control over her words and actions. As she looked over at the face across from her, hidden behind a dusty novel titled, "Antidotes for Dummies," she felt that control vanish.

    Luz looked up to see her friend staring at her. When they made eye contact, Luz bashfully looked away from her intense gaze.

    She stuttered, "Do I have something on my face or something?"

    "No." She rose from her seat, and walked to the latina's side. Her eyes widened when the green haired witchling gently grasped her chin, bringing Luz's face a few inches away from her own.

    "You just look so cute."

    Luz felt her face grow hot, and she nearly leaned in before coming to her senses.

    "You-I I can't, Amity."

    "You want to," the witch said, caressing the human's cheek, an unreadable expression on her face.

    "Yes," Luz breathlessly said, the urge to move forward growing stronger with every second.

    "Then kiss me," Amity whispered, resting her free arm behind Luz's neck, and growing ever closer to the flustered girl.

    Luz looked into those yellow eyes, and for a moment she almost did. But her voice of reason was louder than her friend's words.

    "No." Luz stood up from her seat, causing Amity to stumble back a few steps.

    "T-this isn't you, Amity!"

    "Yes it is. I like you, Luz."

    Hearing those words made the human's heart ache painfully. She had wanted to hear those words since she met Amity, but hearing them now made her chest throb with sadness.

    "Tell me that when the potion wears off, and I'll believe you."

    Luz lightly grabbed her friend's wrist, and turned away from her to lead her out of the library.

    "Where are we going?"

    "The effects of the potion are clearly getting worse. If were going to get you back to normal, we're gonna need some serious help."