10

—  chapter ten: meeting the youngest —

"taeyong?" mark asked. the man, who was currently busy devouring some grilled pork, hummed and looked at him.

"i have a deal today, can i take jaemin with me?" mark requested. taeyong nodded and said "of course but then take donghyuck with you as well. he hasn't left the house for a while."

"but it's a deal? me and jae are going to go with guns and stuff and so are our partners. it'll put him in danger." mark exclaimed.

"can i join?" another voice asked. donghyuck, who had been quiet this whole time, looked up to the man. he had seen him around before but didn't get his name or anything.

"sure, you can yuta. mark, how about this? yuta drives you and jaemin out. then him and donghyuck stay at chenle's while you and jaemin do whatever you do and done." taeyong suggested.

"but i want to see chenle and jisung too!" jaemin pouted. donghyuck chuckled as he saw renjun giving the man heart eyes.

"then you and mark join yuta and donghyuck after. but don't stay too long, the two have school tomorrow." taeyong sighed in resignation. jaemin clapped his hand excitedly and fist bumped yuta.

after dinner finished, donghyuck said goodnight to jeno and renjun since the two wouldn't be joining him. he managed to swiftly pull jeno to the side and whispered "talk to renjun man. just ask him, he's not going to reject you."

"but what if he does? i don't want to ruin what we have now." jeno questioned anxiously. donghyuck patted his back and replied "he won't, believe me! that boy is head over heels for you," the other nodded and then gave donghyuck a quick hug before leaving to his room.

since mark and donghyuck were both showered and mark was even already wearing his black leather jacket there was not much to do. donghyuck just got himself a jacket as well before joining mark in waiting at the front door. yuta arrived shortly after, giving both of them a curt nod. the rest of the waiting time for jaemin, the man passed his time by reading a book. donghyuck watched him and noticed that the book cover wasn't in korean but actually in japanese.

"you can read japanese?" he asked yuta curiously.

"oh uhm, yes i can. i am japanese." yuta responded and chuckled. donghyuck hummed. he felt stupid for not noticing earlier. the man's name was already telling him that he was foreign. but then again, it could be a fake name as well.

donghyuck questioned in his mind, from who he actually knew the real name. for all he knew, he could be calling everyone by their fake names and he wouldn't even know except for of course renjun and jeno. he obviously knew their actual names.

after a while jaemin arrived, all in black like everyone else. he had his hair styled up and a black mask under his chin. speaking of masks, he handed them all one as well. donghyuck took a look at it. it was black, of course, and in the upper corner on the inside the three letters nct were embroidered with neon green thread.

"wow, these look so cool." donghyuck said stunned. jaemin smiled at him sweetly and said "thank you. i did the embroidery."

"really?! that's so cool!" donghyuck exclaimed.

"enough, let's get going." mark interrupted them.

donghyuck rolled his eyes but followed the three men out of the building. a black car was already waiting for them. yuta got in on the driver's side. donghyuck wanted to get in in the back but jaemin held him back.