14

— chapter fourteen: a new headquarter —

a few members were seated around the big table but donghyuck noticed many missing. taeyong signed for everyone to sit and then took a quick look at his wrist watch. he seemed to wait for something or rather someone because when doyoung appeared from one of the doors he sighed in relief.

"there you are. i've been waiting." taeyong noted.

"sorry, next time you can do the interrogation." doyoung said and teasingly stuck his tongue out. he sat down next to taeyong and then turned to look at everyone else. he noticed donghyuck and gave him a small smile.

"glad to see you," he said and donghyuck smiled back at the man who now cleared his throat, "anyways after kun was so kind to treat our guest me and jaehyun asked him a few questions." doyoung said.

donghyuck tilted his head in confusion but jaemin next to him whispered "he means the guy you shot. kun took the bullet out." donghyuck gulped at the mentioning but pulled himself together and continued listening to doyoung.

"indeed he is a member of the seventeen mafia just like mark said. his name is kim mingyu and his task was to once again kidnap donghyuck to intimidate his father and get lee enterprises to cancel their contract with the kim company. what we couldn't figure out was how seventeen knew our location. even mingyu couldn't tell us, he said he just got a location from the leader." doyoung reported.

"thank you." taeyong said and gave him a warm smile which doyoung returned.

"so what's the plan now?" johnny asked from across the table. taeyong gave an acknowledging nod and asked "that we have to figure out. any suggestions?" yuta raised his hand and taeyong pointed at him.

"i say we change location. if seventeen knows where we are, we're all in danger. we don't know their resources plus we not only have to keep donghyuck safe but also his two friends. i'm not feeling like risking the life of three innocent people." the japanese male advised.

"i'm not innocent." donghyuck mumbled but everyone shushed him and jaemin whispered "yes, you are."

"good idea yuta." taeyong agreed. behind him jaehyun was entering through the same door doyoung had used a few minutes prior. he gave everyone a curt nod before sitting down next to johnny who was quietly filling him in on yuta's idea.

"but where to? does anyone know a place we could stay until the situation is over?" taeyong questioned. mark spoke up and suggested "i know it's a stupid idea but maybe chenle's place. it's huge and he has an unused basement which we could use for our activities. also it's a noble area of seoul, meaning seventeen won't expect us there."

taeyong frowned, seemingly thinking about mark's idea. donghyuck meanwhile gave him a surprised look. he hadn't expected such a smart idea from mark but then again he never actually knew what to expect from him.

"i'll ask chenle and his parents of course. but for now it seems like the best option we have. that is if nobody else has an idea?" taeyong said, looking around the table. it was silent so he nodded and raised himself off his seat.

"alright, i'll give you the decision by dinner time. until then everyone is dismissed." the leader said and everyone stood up.

"but," taeyong spoke up, "nobody leaves this house unless i say so. i'm not risking any of your lives." everyone nodded in understanding and left the conference room. donghyuck followed mark to their room. the latter still seemed tired but donghyuck had to speak up.

"mark-hyung?" he asked. mark turned around in confusion.

"since when are you calling me hyung?" he asked.