18

— chapter eighteen: showdown —
[trigger warning: graphic & explicit violence, blood]

donghyuck surely wasn't the only one to notice that they had been expected as he could feel everyone being tense. somehow all of nct's members were able to hide their realisation just fine while donghyuck was so stupid and let out a quiet curse. only jungwoo next to him had heard and he nudged donghyuck to be silent again.

"why are you here in seoul? i thought i had been clear enough when i said that this is nct's territory." taeyong said. his voice echoed in the big hall.

the leader of seventeen chuckled and replied "you see, where i decide to settle down is none if your business and if it interferes with your territory, that's your problem. the people don't care as long as they get their drugs and guns."

donghyuck could feel jungwoo shift next to him. he looked down and saw that the man had his hands around the gun. donghyuck mirrored his actions, finding familiarity in the feeling of the cold surface underneath his warm skin. also it stopped his hands from trembling which donghyuck was more than grateful for.

"listen mr. choi. i want to make this easy for you and i'm going to be honest. i don't want to fight you but i will if you don't leave seoul. and by the way we also kindly ask for you to not harm any innocent citizens, no matter which company pays you." taeyong said loud and clear. the last sentence was obviously about donghyuck.

"it's scoups for you, taeyong. i thought we had been there already. and i threaten and kill whoever i please. it's the lee's fault for making a deal with kim's company when the8 already had the entitlement for it." the leader said.

"that's not true." donghyuck hissed and jungwoo nudged him to stay quiet.

"i see we're not coming to an agreement mr. choi." taeyong hummed and donghyuck could see him nodding.

"i'm afraid it is that way." scoups said and shrugged.

"how come you knew of our arrival by the way? i thought we've been discreet enough." taeyong questioned. donghyuck had to applaud him for being so calm and collected since donghyuck himself was literally freaking out. his heart was beating so incredibly fast it was like he had just ran a marathon. he could hear the blood pumping through his veins and was curious whether jungwoo next to him was able to hear it too, that's how loud it was.

seventeen's leaded laughed, bringing donghyuck back to reality "it was smart to hand mingyu to the police, it was quite a bit of work to get him out of there. but he alarmed us soon enough so we were on edge. a visit from you was therefore inevitable." the man stepped away to reveal kim mingyu himself, whomst donghyuck had shot. except now he looked way less vulnerable and way more dangerous. next to him stood another and donghyuck's breath hitched as he recognised the xu minghao. the man was sassily leaning onto mingyu in a very high-class looking suit.

"surprise!" he grinned and waved with his one hand, revealing a small glock in it. mingyu and a few of the other members of seventeen laughed.

"we're going to start in three.." taeyong in the front mumbled and everyone tensed. donghyuck looked around with panic.

"start with what?" he asked jungwoo who slightly moved with his gun. donghyuck had almost squealed in panic as he understood what jungwoo meant.