07: At the Market

With the day nearly done and their jobs almost finished, Florence only has one more thing to do before she is done for the day. Carrying a large crate on her back, she only needs to deliver what she harvested to the local marketplace before she is free to head to Jorund's hometown and meet her mother-in-law.

She looks down at Jorund, who is riding in her pocket which is on the front of her dress. Looking to be comfortable and content where he is at. Her mate is leaning into her breasts, his head nestled between her cleavage. She is smiling, happy that he has chosen to bond with her. She has her arms wrapped around him as she has him practically pinned to her body, her way of showing just how much she loves him. Jorund looks up at the loft, smiling back at her as he gazes into her sapphire-colored eyes.

As they arrive at the marketplace, Jorund can see that it is still bustling with both lofts and vulns who are either standing at a stall to sell their goods or looking to buy. The lofts are sticking to the middle of the wide road, only veering off when they eye a stall that catches their interest, and vulns are keeping off to the side. He can imagine that such a traffic flow is to help prevent any accidents; a loft may be careful about where she steps and goes barefoot to help prevent any accidents, but that isn't to say one can't happen if no one is exercising caution around such a large woman.

There are a variety of stalls at the market, not just in what they are selling but in size too. They are all lined up throughout the town and capable of accommodating both races. A loft is standing at one stall, looking to buy some canvas with a vuln who is giving her his opinion on which one she should purchase, Jorund can only assume that they must be paired from how affectionate she is being towards the small man. Turning his attention to another stall he does find it odd that a loft is crouching at a vuln's stall, wondering what they could be selling that has her interest. As Florence walks by he can see that she is flirting with the owner, presenting him with a medallion that is very similar to the one that he is wearing. "Do all lofts tend to be so forward when they find a vuln they like?"

"Most are, yes," Florence answers as she continues to walk without breaking her stride. "I have heard that vulns often take their time when it comes to getting married and starting a family, but they often have an easier time finding a mate since they tend to be about the same size. Our size can make it difficult to find a vuln who is willing to pair or bond us; it isn't uncommon for a loft to propose a pairing and suffer through multiple rejections. Most vulns are only interested in being with another vuln. So a loft will often seize an opportunity and hope that she can offer a potential partner enough to where they agree to a pairing."

"I take it that you took such a chance with me?"

"I had a good feeling about you," Florence answers. "You did try to rescue me from those wretched vulns who had me tied to the ground."

"Well, I was only trying to do the right thing," Jorund admits, "I will admit that your eyes caught my attention."

"Aww..." Florence rubs a single finger across his cheek, "You are just so sweet, Dear."

As Florence continues to walk, she is waving to other lofts who are walking by, some even have vulns who they have partnered with in their pockets. Jorund is looking at their faces, seeing their reactions when it comes to being with a woman who is so much larger than they are. He thinks back to what his thoughts were when it came to that, only surfacing when Florence presented him with the necklace and medallion he is now wearing. Such thoughts didn't have a chance to influence his decision. All he knew was that a beautiful woman was proposing to him; one who is sweet and kind. The only answer he could give her was yes. He leans his head back into Florence's breasts, not regretting the answer he gave her.