12: Going to Morrow

The following morning the bonded pair is already back in Prospect Junction. Florence is wearing a dress, as she usually tends to, made from a bright yellow canvas. The sleeves are only long enough to reach her elbows and the skirt stops above her ankles, allowing her bare feet to be seen. Florence is carrying Jorund in her pocket, her arms wrapped around her mate in a tight and loving embrace, as usual. She isn't just carrying him like this because she enjoys holding him and showing her affection, though this is a primary reason for her. She is ensuring that Jorund is secure where he is.

    As they enter the town Jorund looks towards the ground, wishing that he could walk using his own two legs. He doesn't mind being held by Florence, even if her grip on him is on the tight side, he just wants to have some independence every once and a while. He can only see a couple of problems with him trying to walk alongside her. The first is him trying to keep up with her; with her stature, she has long strides that allow her to cover more ground in a single step than he can while running. The other is for safety reasons, being near her feet while she is walking could be a real hazard. He knows that Florence would watch her step but there is always the possibility that an accident could occur. Giving in to his fate, he leans back into Florence's soft body, cuddling up to her once again.

     The walk to the train station is a short one for the loft, approaching the building within minutes of entering the town. This time, instead of heading straight for the platform like she did last time, Florence stops at the ticket counter. There are several counters where Florence is headed; a couple of large ones, for lofts who want to purchase their tickets, and several smaller ones for vulns. 

      There is only one loft at the counter. She isn't paying too much attention to the pair who are approaching her since she is holding a vuln in her hands and showing him affection. With it being early in the morning, not too many lofts are purchasing tickets. Most who need to travel this early in the morning have already purchased theirs the day before, allowing them to board the moment their train arrives. 

    As Florence approaches, the loft at the counter shifts her attention from her vuln to the approaching loft. The blonde places her vuln on the counter close to her, not before she gives him a kiss which envelops his entire face. Jorund notices how her purple eyes focus on him for a moment, giving him a small wave with a smile on her face. He would have waved back at her if his arms weren't pinned by the embrace Florence has him in. 

     "Hi," Florence says in a cheerful and excited tone, "I'd like to go to Morrow."

    "Sure," the loft behind the counter responds, "will it be a one way or a round trip?"

     "Round trip."

    "And when would you like to come back?"

     "Tonight," Florence answers.

      "So you want to go to Morrow and be back by tonight, is that correct?"

      Jorund can't help but feel that the conversation between his wife and the other loft to be silly. If he was unaware that the town Florence's parents live in is called Morrow he would be very confused. He does chuckle slightly, playing out how such a conversation would happen and the confusion involved. 

     "Is your partner traveling with you or would he like his own ticket and ride in one of the cars?"

      "Jorund isn't my partner, he is my mate," Florence says with a sense of pride, almost as if she is showing off that she and Jorund are bonded. "Isn't that right, Dear?"

     "Yeah," Jorund answers, realizing how he has suddenly been pulled into the conversation.

    The loft behind the counter sounds excited, having met a loft and vuln who are bonded instead of paired. As the two lofts are talking about him and how he came to bond with his mate, Jorund turns his attention towards the man on the counter, his face buried in a book. He doesn't seem to be too concerned with his partner, at least that is what Jorund is assuming. From what he has learned most unions between a loft and a vuln tend to be pairings and he starts to wonder what she offered him in return for pairing with her. He can imagine that it must be money related since he is just sitting on the counter. Another thought pops into his head, is this how a typical pairing is between a loft and vuln? The loft shows all of her affection for him and he hardly reciprocates any of it, to him it just doesn't seem right. This man should at least be grateful for the unconditional love that he is being shown every day.