Part 5

Hello everyone ! ^^; been away for a while but I am back with a new chapter ! Enjoy ! (no smut here but soon ! Promise ! ^^;)

Up until now, Thor had been simple to understand.
Young, handsome blond with blue eyes, tall and strong, popular, quarterback and good student (a rare combination in Loki's experience)... Although a liiiiitle bit like a big golden retriever puppy waggling his tail with a look full of hope whenever Loki was around. Basic. Simple. At best, boring. At worst, damn annoying and pushy.

Now, it was chaos.

Thor was secretive, silent, over conscious of Loki. It was all deep underneath the surface. To inattentive eyes, like the lovey-dovey future newlyweds, Thor was absolutely the same, laughing, happy, chatty, Mr. Popular guy. But Loki started to know how to read the discreet signs...
During a family dinner, while everyone was chatting or eating in silence, it was usual for Thor, in-between smiles and private jokes, to give a very brief but clear sad glance of longing to Loki. As fast as a blink but not fast enough for Loki not to see it.
If they all went together to church or any social event, Loki couldn't help but notice, when no one was looking at them, Thor's hand initiating a movement to grab Loki's. But Thor always held back at the last minute and Loki felt the tiny blast of air as discreet as a caress. And just worse.
At school, when the parents were not there to see them, Thor's attitude was the epitome of normalcy. As king of the school as ever without ignoring his future stepbrother. Yet Loki was careful never to be alone with Thor for sometimes the tension emanating from his body was just suffocating...

So much to avoid, so much to think about to prevent any awkward or dangerous situation, so much pressure not to provoke any disaster that would jeopardize the whole family's frail balance... It was exhausting. And Thor was only making things even more difficult with his eyes that seemed to burn through Loki...

As he was walking on this very tiny thread, Loki had no time to reflect on his own feelings. Keeping the peace with such an impulsive individual like Thor was time-consuming. Thor was holding back but exactly like a bomb, Loki suspected. As such, Loki didn't know what to think. He had accepted Thor's feelings as genuine. Maybe Thor was wrong, maybe it was a simple crush that went too far, but for Loki, Thor was totally sincere. As for Loki ? He was trying to keep everything under control. After the wedding, he would find a solution to calm Thor down (how, he had absolutely no idea) and settle things right (whatever it might mean...)...

But now everything was chaos and Thor's secret gloomy eyes didn't help at all.

On the surface, everything was normal. They ate breakfast, went to school together, sometimes crossed each other's way and went home together or not... They had supper with the parents, they participated in the family life. Thor sometimes went out with his friends, the parents stayed at home or received company to plan the wedding, Loki kept studying and the next morning they did it all over again.
That routine was the only thing to protect them. As long as they followed the pattern, they had little chance to fall astray, little chance for Thor to be alone with Loki for too long, little chance to isolate him, grab him and drag him to...

Loki felt weird.

He had to accept his father's change in life, him moving forward while his mother was in her grave, replaced by a woman Loki didn't want (although she was actually kind to Loki and good-natured). He had to plan his future if he wanted to escape this painful spectacle and now... He had to keep under control something that was starting to look like incest.
And there was something else...
Something even worse.
Maybe... Maybe... Loki might have a thing for Thor.