Chapter Three (Favors + Popular Girls = Trouble)

(I have a headcanon that pre-game Kokichi is good at math so he relates real-life social problems to math)

Kokichi's p.o.v

What happens when you're the kid who gets picked on the most at school, and you do a few favors for the popular kids so you don't get picked on? Simple, you get trouble.

Megan Stil is the most popular girl in school, and when she asks for a favor, you can't back away from it.

My favor for her some may ask? Well, it wasn't a favor for her, more like blackmail to me.

"Kokichi!" Megan called out in a sing-songy voice. She stood in front of me with a clipboard and a wide grin.

"So phase one is complete. Rantaro gave my sister his number, Now for phase two, to start I need you to let me at your place so we can print out my sister's secret emails "

Secret emails.

The emails where someone was blackmailing April into giving them money so they wouldn't tell the whole school that April was both male and female.

I could understand why April would want to keep it a secret.

After all, Megan calls her a freak because of it.

If I refused Megan's offer she would let everyone at school now that I'm gay, and that would just make bulling even worse for me, not to mention my parents would disown me.

Although, maybe her telling everyone my sexuality and my crushes wouldn't be as bad as outing her sister for having male and female parts.

No, I can't let them know.

Taking a deep breath and still weighing my options I replied

"Yeah sure, you can come over after school."

How selfish, I was going to hurt April, and she didn't even do anything wrong.

As I said it I remembered Rantaro and Shuichi talking about how they would hate to be friends with someone that had the friendship built on guilt and lies.

That was my relationship with Megan.

"OOh, okay, by the way, there is a rumor that has been spreading that you're gay, to keep your sexuality a secret, ask me out at lunch for coffee, I'll say yes just to save your reputation!"

She frowned and seemed to notice the doubtful look on my face. "What? I promise you that I didn't start the rumor, it only started because people noticed they have never seen you date anyone."

With a wave, she skipped over to the next miserable soul to do her bidding.

Opening up my notebook, that I filled with doodles and thoughts, I wrote the first thing that came to my mind.

Highschool + Popular kids + Favors + Rumors = Trouble + Drama + Guilt + Secrets

Hm, the reward does not make up for the action.

Not the nicest thought but the truth.

I felt someone tap my shoulder whipping around and shutting my book I faced the person.

It was Rantaro.

"Hey, there you are, Shuichi and I were surprised to see you got left early. Not very nice to take my car without telling me though, can I have my keys back now." He grinned giving me an outstretched hand where I dropped the keys into.

"Ha, sorry. I forgot to tell you, I had to get here early and I didn't want to wake you and Shuichi." I lied, again, it became a habit recently.

I've lied a lot these past few months, trying to pretend I'm not the boy Ranatro found sobbing in the hallway after being shoved into lockers, getting stuff stolen, and well anything you can think that bullies would do.