Chapter Eleven (The Case of Highschool Deception.)

So before we begin I just want to say, the Megan missing thing, I did not even know it existed until after I posted chapter ten. So no, this has nothing to do with that whatsoever. It happened to be a coinodence.

Shuichi's p.o.v

What Rantaro had told me last night rang through my head as soon as I woke up.

Megan Still was missing, Kyoko and I were going to go investigate, and try to find her.

It seemed so unreal.

I had just seen her a few days ago and suddenly she's gone.

I may not like Megan, I find her to be annoying but knowing she's missing after what happened the other day.

I was a bit scared.

Downstairs sat Kokichi and Ranatro who were having a conversation while eating toast.

I sat down next to them.

The air seemed so tense as if they were afraid to even say a word about what we learned yesterday

Grabbing my plate of eggs I ate in the tense silence.

I was going to say something to break the silence as soon as I finished eating.

That's when the bell rang.

Rantaro jumped up and answered the door and began talking to someone.

I started walking to him when I realized it was Kyoko.

"Shuichi, you're awake, hurry up and get ready. Time is of the essence. We need to find her quickly." Kyoko sounded a bit rushed and tired.

I waved to Kokichi goodbye before walking over to Kyoko.

Rantaro waved the two of us off and shut the door.

Kyoko walked us to her car digging through her bag for her keys. "I've stayed up late going around town hanging up missing posters and talked to some people who claimed to know her. My father gave me a call and told me he might have a lead on the case at your school so we better get there fast. The sooner we learn the clue the sooner we can find her." She sounded composed but she looked as if she was going to collapse from exhaustion.

"Kyoko, how long did you stay up last night?" I asked, causing her ears to turn red.

"1;30 am." She mumbled ignoring the fact that I was gawking at her because of that answer.

1:30 am. It was 5:30 am right now. She only got four hours of sleep?

"That's only four hours of sleep. How are you going to investigate if you're about to fall asleep on the spot?" I asked worried about her

She shook her head, and unlocked the car door "I'll be fine, finding Megan is our top priority."

Something told me this was normal for her. Does she stay up late working on cases?

We got to the school in thirty minutes and classes won't start for an hour.

The office door was opened.

Tobias was at the front desk typing something down while on the phone. "Yes, mam I understand, but you see your daughter has got four tardies last week." He paused for a second looking at us both and raising a finger. "Excuse me for a sec mam." Putting down the phone he smiled at us both

"Oh hello, Mrs.Kirigiri, and Shuichi. Kyoko, your father's office, is open." He picked the phone back up. "I'm sorry mam, what were you saying a moment ago."

"Come on Shuichi we must not dawdle" I felt like for a moment she was acting like a mother trying to get the attention of a child.

Mr. Kirigiri was sitting at his desk. "Ah there you two are, I have something to show you that might aid in your investigation. You see I was watching the surveillance cameras when I noticed something interesting." He turned the computer toward us and clicked the play button.