Chapter Seven (Dinner with the Amami Family)

Quick Warning.

Talks about gender identities, homophobic swears, and well mom and son problems.

Rantaro's p.o.v

April and I headed upstairs into my room.

"It's nice and neat." She mumbled as she sat down and pulled out our school books.

It was a kinda weird thing for her to say. So I sat down next to her.

"Well, yeah I kinda like things nice and clean. Also, April are you okay? You seem anxious."

She blinked before a small spot of red appeared on her cheeks. "Y-yeah I'm fine, just a little tired."

I wanted to believe her but, the entire ride here she had been acting off, as if she was debating something.

"If you want or need to tell me anything, I'm willing to listen." I finally said smiling at her warmly.

She smiled back. "I know, I just don't know how to say it properly." She looked bothered and a little embarrassed admitting that she didn't know how to put it in words.

"No rush, I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you." My brotherly instinct had kicked in, as much as I wanted to ask her what it was, I knew I'd have to wait until she was ready.

"Can we just work a bit on the project, I want to tell you but I need a little time." She asked.

She decided to play some calm relaxing video game music as we worked. It was peaceful just doing some school work and chatting about things that weren't important.

Finally, after thirty minutes she sat up, clearing her throat as if she was ready to say something.

I sat up also giving her my full attention.

"I think I know how to say it now." She mumbled looking at the ground before slowly looking me in the eyes, "Just please don't freak out."

"Of course I won't freak out or judge." I said taking her hand and squeezing it.

She nodded before taking a deep breath. "I'm not actually a girl."

I blink startled. "So you're trans?"

She shook her head before looking away. "Well I guess I said that wrong I am a girl well sorta, you s-see I'm intersex, more specificly I'm complex or undetermined intersex."

"Which means?" I asked gently.

"I have female parts, but my chemicals are off. I have one more female chemical in my body than what should be, usually girls have XX chromosomes, but I have XXX therefore my body can't fully develop a certain way that girl's bodies develop, you know, I don't really have them up here." her hands gesture up at her chest with a blush as she looks back down.(If I got the definition of complex or undetermined intersex wrong I'm really sorry, I tried reaseching it but it sounded like a bunch of gibberish with all the scientific words, so I tried to translated it into what I understood. I'm bad with biology, mainly chromosomes which you know gives you your gender so I may have really fucked the definition up)

"Megan calls me a freak." She lowered her gaze even farther causing me to cup her chin with my hand and make her look at me. "You are not a freak, I'm glad you felt like you could share something like that with me and if it makes you feel a little better, well I have something to say too." I smiled before she looked me in the eyes.

"I'm genderfluid."

It was odd for me to hear the words finally come out of my mouth.

"Really?" She paused before she looked down at my hands and she slowly grinned as if the gears were turning and that she figured something out. "Of course every once and a while you wear an extra bracelet! Is that why, when you feel fenimen you where an extra bracelet?"