2

Yibo was a morning soul. He usually woke up around 5.00 am and took off for jogging. But today, he was not in a mood. So he got up around 6.00 am, made coffee, and scanned through his phone. He had to admit that he was oddly interested in the App. Out of curiosity, he downloaded it and filled up his name as Bob, sex, rest of the details, and finally came to the bio. He scanned around and saw the book Untamed by Glennon Doyle lying on the table. He filled up blank with a quote from the same.

"The truest, most beautiful life never promises to be an easy one. We need to let go of the lie that it's supposed to be." - Glennon Doyle, Untamed.

Ticked off the details he needed to make public and browsed through the list of nearby people using the App. There were quite a few people. One snapped his attention. This guy used a quote from the same book as him. He thought for a while and dropped in a line. He then set his phone back on the charger and got ready for the daily routine.

Since it was just 7.00 am, he had a lot of time left. He had to turn in some presentation sheets, so he started to work on them. In an hour and a half, He completed it, made breakfast, and got ready for the office.

On his way to the office edifice, he checked his phone. There were a couple of notifications from the same App, but he wanted to see if he received a reply to his message. He got a response. He smiled and gave an answer.

On the other hand, Zhan was not a morning person at all. If he got a chance, he would sleep until noon. But he had self-awareness. He got up around 7.30 am, freshened up, made breakfast, and jumped to get ready. He scanned through his phone and saw many notifications as he was doing that.

Foremost, he turned off the notification sound. He didn't want others to tease him. Then went through all the messages. As he was going through the texts on the new App, most of them were just some cliché and clingy pickup lines, but one note braced his attention because the message was from the same book he quoted. So he checked out the other personal profile. The bitmoji of this person was kinda funny, the name was Bob, and the bio was a quote from the same book. So he gave a reply to the text.

(Chat would be as given below)

Bo: "Be careful about the stories you tell about yourself."

Sean: Naah, let's leave that work to people like Glennon Doyle.

Then he left for work.

On the way, he checked his phone got a reply.

Bob: Why is it that boring?

Sean: Was it that obvious?

Bob: Naah, Just a guess.

Sean: Is there anything interesting in yours?

Bob: If there had been anything interesting, I don't think I would be using this App.

Sean: Point duly noted.

Bob: Well 🤪, gotta go. Catch up with you later.

Sean: Well, see ya. Have a nice day!

Zhan placed his phone back in his pocket and entered the office edifice. He had a foreboding feeling that his chat mate would be pretty engaging. His office cabin was on the 3rd floor. He took the stairs. He had an unusual smile plastered on his face. Just then, he saw Yibo and thought of the meeting, which was called off, coming up. They had to continue with the meeting, and the Boss would be joining them through a webcam. The smile went away in a wink.

By the time the meeting ended or broke off, it was lunch break. As they ended up arguing, Boss broke off the debate asking them to develop a strategy together. Both teams were too uncomfortable. They never tried working together.