I

THIRD PERSON POV

Jennie lay asleep in a pile of papers in the office's cafeteria. Her coworker, Jisoo, walked up and smiled, dropping her tray onto the table next to her sleeping friend with a loud bang of metal on metal.

"Fuck!" Jennie popped up, her feline brown eyes opened wide and reddened as Jisoo took her seat, laughing. "Why, wh-wha-". Jennie shook her head and realized what had happened, "You're the worst." More of Jennie's work friends, Jimin and Taemin, came and sat around the pair as she got her papers in order and out of the way.

"You look exhausted," Jimin said.

"We all are," Taemin added.

"Yeah, but Jennie looks, like, beat up," Jimin clarified.

"Thanks," Jennie said, rolling her eyes, but laughing a little. Recica, the company Jennie worked for, had been adding more and more work onto their coders plates, four of whom were Jennie and the three people she was sitting with. "I don't know. These deadlines just keep getting moved up. I just think we need so-"

Jennie lost her words as a woman entered the cafeteria. A tall woman with an elegant walk about her and blonde locks tied back in a ponytail. Jennie watched as the woman picked up a salad, dropped a bill at the cashier, then turned to the first open table she saw and sat down to eat alone. It was an odd sight. One, the woman was beautiful. To the point where Jennie couldn't finish her sentence. Her face was mousy and serious., and yet her eyes seemed to shine. Mischievously? Sternly? Jennie couldn't tell. The other reason the sight was odd was because the woman was eating alone. Recica had a great culture. Coworkers often became good friends. It was rare to see someone eating alone.

"Jennie?" Jennie snapped back into the conversation.

"Yeah?" She said.

"Where'd you go?" Jisoo asked.

"Sorry, I just...who's that?" She asked. The table did a quick collective turn towards the woman and then back.

"A cold bitch," Jimin rolled his eyes. Taemin gave him a punch on the arm, "Ow, what? She is!"

"I'm confused," Jennie said.

"They call her the cold bitch," Jisoo explained, "Although, Taemin thinks that's too harsh."

Taemin shrugged, "I mean, she's got a job to do and she's doing it. Can't blame her for that."

"Seriously, can someone explain this normally," Jennie asked again.

"Okay," Jisoo said, "You know how a month ago our workload started increasing steadily. That's because of her. She's a little higher up on the business side of things. Apparently she's some sort of fixer. Lalisa Manoban."

"Lalisa?" Jennie repeated, looking back at the woman. It was strange. The way Lalisa was being described made her sound like some old crabby boss. In reality, she looked maybe at most 2 years older than Jennie's 24.

Taemin chimed in, "Mhm. Projects weren't getting done on time so she's sort of a logistical genius. There's a rumor she used to be a codebreaker for the government."

"What?" Jennie said, cocking her head in disbelief. "Does she know how to code, like, how we code? Can she program?"

"No," Jimin now butted in, "Probably could if she wanted. She was a codebreaker like puzzles and spy messages and shit. At least that's what people say. But no, she can't code like us. That's why she doesn't understand how hard all these deadlines she expects from us really are."