Sharp Fear- (Eyeless Jack x reader)

It was a cold, restless night when you finally decided to go to sleep. Looking out your bedroom window from over your laptop, you could see the crisp autumn wind blowing harshly through the trees, Ripping the dried leaves off from their limbs. The sky was clear; leaving the glowing stars and cresent moon visible, casting their blue light upon the earth.

Sighing you closed your computer and streched, standing up from your chair. You were tired. Having just moved out of your parents, the excitment of living on your own finally caught up to you. You looked up to the clock on the wall. 12:33am.

Great.

Tomorrow was going to be the start of your new job. Knowing how early you were to start in the morning, you already knew how tired you'd be.

~Flashback~

It was an early Saturday morning. Having just finished unpacking the night before, you decided it would be a good day to go job hunting. Your new neighbourhood seemed young and lively, you figured it would be easy enough. The only problem would be your anxious self.
Walking past an array of shops and businesses, you looked for anything that might peak your interest. After a while of walking, you stopped yourself in front of a small cafe.

This cafe had a sort of charm to it. The aged wooden siding on the outside, the antique furniture and many housplants seen through the window. You liked it. And boy could you use a coffee right about now.
As you walked in the smell of freshly brewed coffee and delicious pastries hit you like a flying brick. There were only two other customers in the building. And older lady reading a book in the corner, and a young man probably around your age, possibly a bit older waiting to order. You walked in and stood behind him.
Waiting in line you couldn't help but study him closer. Apon your observation you noticed he was tall, well built and seem physically fit. Although embarrassed by this, he had a pleasant aroma that you liked. You thought to yourself however, that it was odd that he was wearing sunglasses in the building. You quickly dismissed your prying thoughts when he turned and started speaking to you.

"If you are waiting in line you can go ahead.. I'm still looking." He smiled ans took a step sideways to let you go infront.

"O-oh! Thank you. You didn't have to." You blushed at his kindness.

"It's no problem. Im not really in a rush anyways." He kept his gaze on you as he spoke. You had to admit, he had a soothing voice. You smiled at him once more and  Looked back at the menu. Finally after another moment you picked out your drink and went to the counter. Looking back to thank the guy one last time, and to maybe spark more of a conversation, you discovered he was gone. Scanning the room he was nowhere to be seen.

Huh, weird. He really must've been in a hurry after all.

"I apologize for the long wait. May I take your order?" Turning your head back to the counter, you were met with a woman in her mid-twenties. She had black hair and a few facial piercings. An overall gothic look.

"Umm, yes. May I please have the latte. Extra foam?" She smiled.

"Of course." She grabbed a cup and went to work. You slapped a five dollar bill on the counter and threw some extra pocket change in the tip jar.
You thought for a moment, then a moment more. It was difficult for you to talk to anyone, especially if there was a chance for rejection.
Through some divine power, you managed to push through your anxiousness and speak to the barista.

"H-hey, I'm new to town and I was wondering if you knew any place that is looking to hire?" You held your breath as you waited for her to respond. She looked over to you while finishing the latte.

"Actually..." She set the cup down and reached for something under the counter. She pulled out a small piece of paper. "We're looking for another barista/waitress... If you're interested." She unfolded the paper and handed it to you. You read it over and smiled. God was smiling down on you today.