vkook

dulcetkv on twitter 

legacy heir kim taehyung's husband of six years went missing eight weeks ago and his body was just recently found in the depths of the river by the local police. he shows no visible signs of external struggle or bodily trauma, and his autopsy report turns up nothing substantial

although the location of his body suggests foul play. as expected, taehyung is beside himself with grief and begs the police to find out what happened to his husband, so they put their best detective, namely jeon jungkook, on the case.

jungkook's record is undeniable- he's solved almost every case he's ever picked up, and he's determined to do just the same with this one. however, his first meeting with the victim's widow goes far from planned.

in juxtaposition to his near hysteria at the police station, taehyung seems nothing but calm and collected when jungkook visits his manor, his suit as pristinely crisp as ever and a charming smile on his face. he lets jungkook in without any form of protest, happy to tell him

whatever he's like to know, although jungkook notes the roundabout answers he gives to nearly all his questions. he decides that taehyung is clever, but can't pinpoint any real reason for him to off his husband. taehyung was already wealthy and successful, he had nothing to gain.

all his lavish rings and earrings, taehyung tells him fondly, are gifts from his husband, which tells jungkook that his husband must have doted on him, adored him. yet another reason as to why taehyung had no motive.

but for some reason, he keeps coming back to the manor. he keeps questioning taehyung, taking him to different locations that might have a connection to his husbands death, asking him about possible suspects. there is something...alluring about him.

perhaps it has something to do with how intensely taehyung watched him work, a playful smile teasing his lips, a mischievous gleam in his eyes no matter how hard jungkook is concentrating, how insistent he is that he can't speak right now because he's working.

and taehyung makes a point of occupying his time, too. he calls him during office hours, brings him coffee when he comes to the station to ask about the case. and jungkook doesn't have the heart to tell him they might have to file it cold. he keeps holding out for a breakthrough.

and taehyung listens so well as he complains about his workday. so compassionate as he offers to massage his shoulders, easing his mind. and jungkook forgets, for a moment as those slender nimble fingers are on his skin. he forgets that taehyung is a suspect, because he's come to trust him. no one has worked harder beside him on this case than taehyung. 

and it's as he's sitting in his office, drained from going over the same details again and again, with taehyung gently easing the knots out of his shoulders that he allows himself to acknowledge howstunning he is. not only is he flawlessly attractive and put together, but he's sweet, too, and so very charismatic.

"jungkook," taehyung murmurs softly, the emerald on his index finger shining brightly as he taps jungkook's coffee mug. "your coffee is getting cold."

and his voice does nothing but bring up more thoughts about him, ones jungkook definitely shouldn't be having in the workplace, and especially not about his recently widowed client.

"i'll heat it up later," he replies quietly, trying to refocus on the paperwork in front of him.

"i can heat it up for you if you'd like," taehyung offers, already getting to his feet. "i really should be getting back anyway, the hour is late."

but jungkook surprises himself when he reaches up and catches taehyung's wrist, and he's so warm in his grip.

"i-" he swallows, then gives a short nod. "you're right, mr. kim, it's late. i can arrange someone to escort you home if you'd like."

"mr. kim?" taehyung repeats with a soft laugh. "and here i was thinking we knew each other a little better than that. it's quite alright detective. i think i can find my own way home."

and maybe it's the hour. or maybe it's the way taehyung's brown eyes shine so beautifully in the dim lamp lit office. but jungkook can't manage to look away

"we do," he hastily tries to rectify. "know each other better than that, i mean. but we shouldn't- it's best to keep things professional, mr. kim."

taehyung glances up as if considering it, tapping a finger against his chin. "and where exactly do you draw the professional line?"

"at the first name basis, i suppose."

the look taehyung gives him is positively beguiling. "well, that's quite the shame then, detective. but i certainly wouldn't want to cross any professional boundaries."

a strange beating filled his heart, and he knew without a doubt that no one had ever looked at him in the way taehyung was looking at him now.

"i'd be willing to reconsider. where would you draw it?"

taehyung tilts his head to the side, mindlessly tucking a strand of blonde hair behind his ear.

"well, i'd draw it at a no evidence, no crime policy. but i can imagine that would be challenging for you, being the brilliant, rule-abiding detective that you are."

two things hit him in that moment. one: despite the innuendo, taehyung was hinting at a lot more than a covert midnight rendezvous. and two: taehyung understood his innate driving inability to turn down a challenge.

and both revelations could very well screw him over.

"are you confessing to what i think you're confessing to, mr. kim?"

but taehyung simply leaned down, running jungkook's tie through his fingers before tightening it for him. "if you think i'm confessing to wanting you in my bed, detective, then you're right on the mark.

he had never been able to resist a challenge.

but some challenges were more rewarding than most, seeing as he found the m*urder weapon later that night in the master suite of the kim estate. a curious bottle of white powder that could be lethal to the respiratory system when

taken in large doses. and taehyung watched him find it, a merlot sheet draped around his body and that same playful smile on his face.

and it didn't surprise him when jungkook simply put it back in the medicine cabinet.

he had the detective wrapped around his finger. and maybe, just maybe, jungkook had him wrapped around his as well. after all, there was something attractively binding between partners in crime. and maybe this could simply be their little secret.