Chapter 8

The next day Dipper woke up early, still with his clothes on from yesterday, and not able to fall back asleep. He headed downstairs and noticed that no one else was up yet.

He got two slices of bread and put them in the toaster. As he waited he yelled out, "Mabel do you want any toast?!"

No response.

Dipper tilted his head in confusion and then his eyes grew wide at the realization.

"Oh, right." he thought to himself.

The two slices of bread, now toast, popped out of the toaster. Dipper flinched a bit and sighed. He grabbed the slices of toast and started eating one. He looked outside into the forest and got an idea.

He got a piece of paper and a pencil, wrote a note, and went out the door.

===============================

"Where are you?" Dipper thought to himself as he walked deeper and deeper into the forest.

He continued to walk until he reached it: Bill Cipher's statue. A slight grin grew on his face and he sat down.

"So," Dipper said aloud, "we're both stuck here now."

Dipper looked up at the statue that said nothing back. He just continued to talk.

"I guess you decided that if you couldn't leave Gravity Falls, neither could me or Ford."

Dipper expected for the statue to do something but it had no response.

Dipper sighed, "You know, the people around here started calling me, 'the monster whisperer' for some reason. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because I helped out a lot of the creatures here. But you know, I never helped you."

Tears started to fall down Dipper's face but he continued to smile and talk, "I guess this is a good thing then. Maybe I'll be able to help you, and we can live in Gravity Falls peacefully."

Dipper looked up at the statue and chuckled a bit, "Heh, what am I doing? I think being trapped here has finally made me go insane."

Dipper stood up and dusted himself off, "Well it was nice talking with you Bill. Maybe I'll come back tomorrow."

Dipper left but before going, he threw his other slice of toast right in front of the statue.

"Enjoy your breakfast Bill."