Chapter 25

It was February, the middle of the school year. Mabel was in eleventh grade, and Dipper was learning new things from his two Grunkles.

He ditched his weak and nerdy self and wanted to become an adventurer. It didn't mean he stopped being smart, he just wanted to be able to do more.

Today, it was just Ford and him. They were once again observing the UFO crash site at the edge of the cliff.

Dipper looked into the horizon, sitting at the cliff, journal in tow. He smiled at the gorgeous view and suddenly a question popped into his head.

"Umm, Grunkle Ford?" Dipper called out.

"Yes?" Ford replied, still writing some information in his own journal.

"Could there, oh I don't know, be ANY possible way to take down the weirdness barrier surrounding Gravity Falls?" he asked nervously.

"Of course," Ford answered, "Bill had asked me the same question during Weirdmageddon four years ago."

"Wait- what?" Dipper chuckled a little angrily.

"Yeah, it's just a simple equation and we would probably be able to leave." Ford continued and shrugged.

Dipper stood up with anger in his eyes, "Wait, wait, wait, let me guess this straight: there's actually a way for us to LEAVE Gravity Falls?!" he yelled, "Why didn't you tell me?! Or already take it down?!"

"Well Dipper, the weirdness needs to be contained here. And we can't slip up in case Bill could ever come back!" he argued.

"BILL'S DEAD!" Dipper yelled back, "He can't hurt us anymore!"

"Dipper... there actually IS a slight possibility he could come back." Ford confessed, and placed his hand on Dipper's shoulder, "If Stanley's memories could back, so could he."

"I- I can't believe this." Dipper said, shaking his head and brushing Ford's hand off, "I've got to go... think."

"Wait, Dipper!"

Dipper ignored him. He ran into the forest to find the only one who could help him.

He reached the spot and stared at him with anger, "So I heard you could possibly, maybe, come back. And that's why I can't leave"

Bill's statue stayed silent.

"Now, I'm not here to yell at you, I'm not mad." he said calmly, sitting down in front of him, "I just want to... make a deal."

No response.

"I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but hear me out." Dipper continued, "I'll do ANYTHING, you can DO anything, I don't care what it is, but whatever you want, in exchange I want to be able to leave Gravity Falls, just for one day."

Still no response.

"So... do we have a deal?" Dipper asked as he held out his hand.

Dipper smiled and brought it closer to Bill's hand that was sticking out. Suddenly, there was a ruffle in the bushes.

Dipper looked back and saw a shocked, scared look, "Dipper?"

"Dipper's eyes widened, "Ma- Mabel?!"