Chapter 18

It's finally the last day of school again, but Dipper didn't know that. He didn't go to school and had lost track of the dates. It was always adventure after adventure with Ford, and when Stan started to tag along it was twice as fun.

They had made their memories but it was time for the real fun to begin.

They all ate at the kitchen table and it was Ford who brought the subject up.

"Hey Dipper, do you know what today is?" Ford asked.

Dipper put his finger on his chin and thought, "Umm... February something?"

"Ha!" Stan laughed, "Even if you're as smart as my brother, you're just like him to loose track of time!"

"Knock it off Stan! Just tell me!" Dipper said embarrassed and nudged him playfully.

"It's May 31 genius!" Stan answered.

"Which means..." Dipper asked.

Stan slapped his forehead and tried to hide his laughter.

Ford smiled and chuckled a bit, "It's the last of school Dipper, you're going to see Mabel again!"

"Oh!" Dipper said with the sudden realization, "OH! Oh my gosh how could I forget! I've got to go start making room for her in the attic!" He got up from his seat rushed to the attic.

"Finally he gets it!" Stan laughed.

"Yeah..." Ford said with curiously, "Strange that he forgot."

"I'm gonna go check on him." Ford said as he stood up.

"Alright, I'll go to the store and start stocking up on sugary stuff for Mabel." Stan said.

"Ok, thank you Stanley."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Ford knocked at Dipper's door, "Come in!" Dipper replied.

Ford walked in and saw all of Dipper's things just pushed to his side of the room in one big pile.

"Dipper, you can't just shove everything to one side. You need to stay organized." Ford said.

"I know, I know, I'm just just making sure Mabel will have room for her stuff." Dipper said.

"Um, Dipper, speaking of Mabel..."

"What is it?" Dipper asked.

"How could you forget about the day that your sister comes back?" Ford asked.

"I- I guess I just forgot?"

"Don't play dumb with me Dipper. You wouldn't forget such an important da-"

"I JUST FORGOT FORD!" Dipper yelled. He noticed his temper and calmed himself down a bit, "I just forgot, ok?"

Ford stood shocked at Dipper's sudden outburst, "O- ok Dipper, if that was just it there was no need to yell."

"I- I'm sorry." Dipper said, calmed down, "It's just- I'm fine, ok?"

"Alright Dipper," Ford said at ease, "but this time we're not waiting for hours. We will go at twelve and wait for her then. She'll probably come around at one like last time."

"Ok." Dipper said, sounding a bit angry.

"Now you may continue cleaning the attic." Ford said as he closed the door.

Dipper sighed and sat at his bed, "Mabel please come back quickly, I don't know how much longer I can take without you."