8

"You're not eating again?" Mrs Folarin asks as she pops her fork into her mouth and I stare at the plate in front of me. Today she had ordered gizzard and plantain but substituted mine for beef when Aliyu mentioned that I wasn't a fan of gizzard.

      What? Its not weird that I don't like gizzard or is it? "C'mon your friend is eating and nothing has happened to him." She asks and I stare at Aliyu who's focused on his food.

       After Mrs Folarin picked up the call, she and Aliyu who introduced himself to her as my older brother, they spoke for few minutes and when they were done, Aliyu said she told him that  I knew where we should meet her; the canteen she took me to.

        "I'm not hungry." I lie just as my stomach says otherwise and gives us a loud rumble that reminds me that all I've had was the loaf of bread with a bit of butter and the oranges I took out of the basket.

         "Really? I don't think your belly agrees with you." She says and I frown. "Zi you better chop now, I doubt Ifeka go give you dinner." He says and I glare at him "Who's Ifeka?" She asks "No one you know." I say at the same time Aliyu says "Her aunt."

       "I see." She says as I look around. "Ngozi." Aliyu calls and I turn to stare at him "Ehn?" I reply and he motions to the plate in front of me. "Eat." he says and I'm about to reply when my belly cuts in and rumbles loudly, defeated I pick up my fork and stab a plantain before putting it in my mouth and chewing.

       "Its nice isn't it?" She asks and I scowl as Aliyu laughs "Don't mind her, I've told her that its either her pride or stubbornness that'll kill her." He says and I make a face at him.

        "You speak English well for someone who..." She begins but I cut her off "Makes their earning from the street?" I ask as I put a piece of meat in my mouth. "You should learn to stop interrupting your elders Ngozi, but yes that's what I was going to say." She says and I scowl.

        "I have to speak good English after all you can't go about speaking pidgin as an undergraduate." He says and she nods "Of course you're in school too.

       " If you're ready Ngozi we can start discussing what brought us here or you'll rather be done with your meal? " she says and I look up "I listen with my ears and not my mouth." I say and Aliyu hits the back of my head.

         "I thought I taught you better than that." He says angrily and I stare at Mrs Folarin before speaking "I'm sorry for my rudeness." I apologize softly and she nods "Apology accepted." She says her smile still on her face.

         "So you said you need my help, let me guess, you need help with your education." She says and I turn to stare at Aliyu who says nothing.

        Do you see now why I don't like this woman, there are several issues that I could've asked for her help in my life with, but she doesn't guess all those, no one mentioned it but she still knew it was for education. You sure say you she no be witch?

A/N
Hope you enjoy!!