11

"Fash will pick you up in the afternoon once you close from school." Mrs Folarin says as we step out of the car and into the school "There's no need, I can find my way back." I say and she shakes her head "You're to come this my house remember?" She asks and I nod.

      After Aunty Ifeka and Mrs Folarin had discussed, the next day Mrs Folarin came around and took me out to get new clothing items before heading to my old school to offset my debts and collect all the files I needed to change schools. When we were done we headed to her house so that I could be familiar with it, apparently I was to be spending after school hours and weekends with her.

      Staring at the enormous building in front of me, I blink softly to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I was wide awake which meant I was truly a student of the prestigious Comets private school.

     "Have a nice day!!" She calls out and I wave to her as I follow the student that's leading me to my class. "The seats covered in white are not occupied, although I doubt you'll find any but if you do fold the cover neatly and place it on the top shelf." She says as we continue walking.

      "You're class is on the top floor sadly but you'll get used to it soon, you don't really have a choice." She says and doesn't stop talking till we reach my class. "Finally.." She breaths out and I smile at her as she walks away before scanning the class and noticing a covered sear between two occupied seats and I do as the girl instructed before sitting on my chair.

      My heart was beating wildly and I started taking deep breaths to calm myself down "if you can survive a bunch if rape attempts then you cab survive the first day of a new school.....a school for rich kids even if you're not one." I think.

    "I told you that she'll be in our class didn't I?" Someone says and I immediately leave la la la land abs find myself the object of scrutiny and I sit back relaxing my stance and fold my arms..show no fear.
"Yeah you did, don't rub it in." Someone replies and others laugh as people begin to chatter loudly.

    "What's your name?" The girl occupying the seat next to me asks "Ngozi, but you cab call me Zi." I say and she smiles extending her hand and I shake it "Toyin, Abiola Toyin." She says.

      "I'm Ajet, or Ajet Baba." The guy BT my side say and I nod shaking his hands too, "Nice outfit." A girl says as she passes. I was wearing a pair of black Jean with a blood red tee shirt along with black denim jacket. My hair had been straightened out by Mrs Folarin's hairdresser and then braided all back with a couple of wooded beads at the end and I wore a pair of sneakers.

  "Thanks." I call out to the girl "What department?" Someone asks through the chatter "Humanities." I call out to no one in particular "Finally." Someone mutters as the noise increases before it suddenly stops. Stretching my neck to see if the teacher had arrived, I see no one but a tall and lanky boy walking in with a frown on his face.

      "SS3 can't you guys be quiet for once?" He asks standing in front of the class with his arms folded "You're talking as if you're not part of us." Ajet says and the class burst into laughter. "That's because I'm not. Or am I involved in your noise making?" He asks and no one answers.

         "What's even the cause if this commotion this one that its louder than ever sef?" He asks looking around "We have a new student." A girl replies and he looks around "Where is he?" and I roll my eyes "She." I say getting up and he frowns looking at me like he's sizing me up.

      Looking at him from a closer angle, he was definitely fiiiineee, and I'm not exaggerating, that's actually an understatement. He's lean and tall but not so tall that I'll be considered short. He filled out his school blazer nicely too, making it seem more like an outfit for the red carpet than a uniform, he wasn't that dark more like light chocolate with deep brown eyes, a sharp nose and a thin but not too lips. His hair was styled in a small afro, believe me I've seen a lot of fine guys in my life, but this guy topped them all. But that wasn't the issue right now, he was still sizing me up.

      "A new student in SS3, really?" He says raising a brow as he walks towards me and I watch people part for him to walk. "Are sure this is your class?" He asks "Absolutely sure." I reply drawing myself up to my full height.
"So tell me,how much did you pay minus you're school fees just so you could be admitted?" He asks and I shrug "Not everyone pays their way in like you." I say deciding that his finesse stopped at his exterior self.

      " No need to be offensive baby." He says flashing me a smile and I roll my eyes who does he think he is? Baby? "I'm not being defensive, just stating the obvious." I say sitting back down and he flashes me another smile sitting on my table and staring at me.

      "What?" I ask and he shrugs "I've decided that I might like you." He says getting up "You guys should stop making noise and Bidemi add the new student's name to the register, her seat neighbours can show her around." He says or more like orders, as he walks out.

        "Okay....who was that?" I ask and Toyin gives out a dreamy sigh "Williams. Makinde Williams, our student body president, social prefect.." Ajet begins but gets cut off by Toyin "Resident player, smartest guy in the school and all round hottie." She says fanning herself.

      "And it seems like he might've taken an interest in you." a girl in front of me says and I look up at her "Bethany Ogwu, assistant class captain at your service." She says smiling as she places a large book she's carrying on my desk "Please fill in your details." She says handing me a pen.

         "Where your husband Toyin?" Bethany asks and Toyin hisses, "Because you married us abii?" She asks and Ajet laughs "Tell him to better come tomorrow tomorrow because me I can't be doing his job and mine ooo." Bethany says and I hand her back her book and pen. "Now now?" She asks and I nod "Yeah." I say and she glances at it for some time. "Well everything seems to be in order, I'll go and submit it now." She says turning around and heading to the doorway.

       "Toyin so you're Mrs who?" I ask and she pushes me softly "Please I'm not married to anyone oo." She says and Ajet scoffs "Really, you're denouncing David abii? I've said it,girls will disgrace you." He says and she eyes him, "Ajet please don't start ooo." She says and I laugh.

        "See who's laughing, future Mrs Makinde." She says and I stop laughing, "Ehn?" I ask "Which one is ehn there? Baba decided that he might like you, he's already shooting his shot naa." Toyin says and I glare "Abeg abeg, leave me oo." I say and they laugh "See she wants to be free for when William will want to hold her." Ajet says and I hiss, "Mrs Toyin David, come and give me my tour ooo, you too Ajet." I say getting up.

         "Sure thing Mrs Makinde." Toyin says and I roll my eyes "Abeg let's go jare."

A/N

Sooooo, first chapter of Book Two is out and I'm excited!!! Hope you love it!!!
❤❤ Gary and Izzie