12

"C'mon aren't you done?" Toyin asks Ajet who's still copying his note and he frowns "Madam Bidemi, do I look like I'm done?" He asks not bothering to glance at her and Toyin turns to Mr "Oya while we wait for Baba Ajet let's get to know each other." She says and I look up from the piece of paper I was sketching on to face her.

        Toyin's slim but curvy, dark skinned with black eyes and full lips that always seem to be smiling, her hair like most of the girls was styled patewó, and decorated with tiny pins. Ajet is fair and chubby, not fat nor slim hence chubby, with two deep dimples and a mischievous glint, at first glance you can tell that he's a total clown.

      "Alright you should start first." I say and she smiles, "My full name is Toyin Adeyemi Bridget Abiola." She says and u snicker "Bridget." I say laughingly and she stones me with a piece of paper "I don't know what my parents were thinking but at least mine is better than that Baba over there." She says pointing at Ajet who turns to glare at her "Let Zi say her own first and we'll know." He says and I clear my throat.

         "Ngozi Oluchi Annabelle Phillips." I say sticking my tongue out at them "Annabelle is still old-fashioned." Toyin protests "But its better than Bridget." Ajet says and we fist bump "See who's talking, Mr Goodwish." She snaps and I burst into laughter "Guy your name is Goodwish?" I ask in between laughs and soon Toyin joins in.

         "If you guys are dine laughing let's go and buy snacks ooo." Ajet says and Toyin gets up as I grab the small crotchet purse I keep money in. "We're ready Mr Ajetomobi Tubosun Goodwish Komolafe, we're ready." She says and we start laughing again he grumbles under his breath. "See him, big baby, Oga you're old ooo!" Toyin teases and he snickers "I'm seventeen and so are you, so if I'm old then you're also old too." He says and Toyin scoffs.

            "Zi how old are you sef?" Ajet asks "Sixteen I'll be seventeen next year." I say and Toyin coos "Awwn, baby of the class, don't worry Mummy Toyin and Daddy Ajet are here to protect you." She says putting her arms around me and Ajet does the same "Yes we'll protect you but if it turns to fist fight, OYO lòwá for you ooo!" He says and I tap his head "So at this your old age you can't protect me?" I say and we start laughing.

        "You're easy to befriend ooo." Ajet says and Toyin hums in agreement "You two are easy to vibe with." I say as we link arms and walk downstairs to the cafeteria sharing information about each other till we get to the topic of our parents.

          "Wait, that woman is not your mother?" Ajet asks after I had just corrected him after he called Mrs Folarin my mother and I nod "Yeah, she's my godmother." I say using the title I agreed to address Mrs Folarin as "Woah...what about your mother?" Toyin asks and I give a small smile "No longer in the picture." I say, "You mean she's..?" Ajet begins but I cut him off "Late, my dad's late too." I say and Toyin glares at Ajet who's smile has left his face, "So you're an.." Toyin begins softly "Orphan. Been one for eight years." I say and she nods "I'm so sorry.." they begin at the same time and I cut them off "Don't be, you didn't kill them. Come on let's go, I'm hungry." I say dragging them into the cafeteria.

         "Let's sit there." Toyin says pointing to the closest chair and we move there "Finally!" She groans the moment we sit "God punish the person that built this school, kilòdé?" She says and Ajet rolls his eyes "You say that everyday." He says and she eyes him "Just for that you'll go and get us our snacks." She says and he sighs "Aye Aye Captain Bidemi." He says giving a mock salute as he leaves and moves towards the growing queue.

        "Hey, I'm sorry about your parents. Really." She says holding my hand and I nod "It's okay, I'm fine." I say and she nods "So you've seen most of the guys in our class, so tell me which one do you have interest in ehn?" She says wiggling her eyebrows "Abeg abeg, I just came." I say and she nods "Okay, you need more time abii?" She says and I eye her.

         "More time for what?" Ajet asks and Toyin smiles "More time to know who she wants to gum body with." She says and Ajet laughs "I thought she agreed to be Mrs Makinde naa." He says as he sets a bowl of small chops in front of us and hands out drinks "This is for you." He says handing me a plate of iced cupcakes. "That's cheating ooo, where's mine naa?" Toyin grumbles and Ajet laughs "Look at this one ooo, wait are you a new student? No. Are you young? No." He says and I stick out my tongue at her.

       "Oh look, the two musketeers finally become three." Someone says from behind and we turn around. "Miriam what's your problem now?" Toyin asks the short dark skinned girl who had her hands on her hips, her face twisted in a frown, her thick lips pressed and her eyes squinty.

       "Nothing ooo, someone cannot talk again?" She asks and Ajet lets out an exaggerated sigh "Since nothing is wrong and no one here wants to hear you talk, please carry your big fat bad belle and move on with your bitter life." He says and Miriam's hands immediately goes to her semi pudgy stomach and I laugh.

            "Be laughing there ooo, because you've made friends with these two fools you're feeling fly abii?" She asks and I shrug, "At least I can feel fly, can you say the same thing about yourself?" I ask and her frown deepens.

         "I don't blame you naa, because these idiots are making you think this school is easy, I'll show you that its not. Nonsense." She says walking off.

          "She's right though, Comet isn't easy, there are lots of people like Miriam, gossips, cheats, betrayers, liars, and there are people like us, amazing.." Ajet begins but Toyin cuts him off "Not to mention all the heavy school work, nonsense sports, social activities and ECA's, Comet is tough ooo." She says and I smile.

     "Don't worry, I don't scarce easily and school's always give too much work." I say and Ajet nods "Alright then, here's a toast to our third musketeer." He says raising his drink for a toast and we all do the same before laughing.

A/N
So Zi has made friends and enemies...
What'd you think about Toyin and Ajet? And Miriam too, personally I don't like Miriam😑
❤❤Gary and Izzie..