Chapter 2: How To Help A Cloud Blend In

"Hajime-kun could we maybe take a break, my feet hurt." Nagito whines, said feet were red and starting to form blisters, "Well it's not my fault that you don't have shoes." "Nymphs don't wear shoes, we like to feel one with nature, and we can't do that with shoes on." Nagito resorts. "Hajime we have been walking for at least an hour straight. I think a small break is alright." Chiaki tells the other human. The brunette groans, "Fine but only a few minutes." he sighs, halts abruptly, the nymph running into the other, how earns a glare. "Sorry.." he mutters.

Nagito then flops onto his back in the grass. "Ahhh." he sighs, relaxing while grass curls up around him. Hajime watches the other in slight awe, before turning back to Chiaki. "I know he hasn't done much but still he gives off some weird vibes." Chiaki just shakes her head, "You're just being paranoid Hajime I think he doesn't mean any harm, if he wanted to he would have already done it." she points out, which was true, the most trouble he has caused was tripping on a tree branch. The duo sits down and rests their feet for a few minutes before getting up shortly after. "Alright we can take another break later but that's the last one if we want to stay on schedule." Hajime says taking charge once again, Nagito nods getting up, the grass pulling him to stay down, but he pulls up pulling up some of the grass as well. "Coming." he calls following the other two.

The rest of the journey went smoothly the rest of the way and they made it into town with still a few hours of sunlight left, "We need to check into the inn, I'm guessing you don't have any money do you Nagito?" Hajime asks, looking through his coin pouch. The nymph shakes his head no, "I didn't exactly have money in jail nor did I get a chance to get any after my escape." "I figured as much, we will just share a room then." "But Hajime-kun you don't have to, I would gladly sleep outside on the edge of the forest." Hajime just shakes his head, "That's no good those guards could come back and just capture you, so we are sharing a room." The brunette insists. "It's not that bad Nagito is much better than a prison floor. Oh speaking of which we probably shouldn't call you Nagito while we are in town since you are wanted after all, how about Ko, since it's part of your last name?" Chiaki offers. "Ah you are so smart Chiaki-chan!" he cheers, "Maybe come tomorrow I get some other clothes so I don't look like a forest creature." Hajime sighs because that was more money he would have cut from their supply budget.

"We will talk more about this in the morning." Hajime says as the three head into the local inn and pay for the room for three. Once they enter the room Hajime and Chiaki both pick out their desired spots leaving Nagito to stand there awkwardly, "It's alright Nagito you can take the one near the window." Chiaki tells him, he obeys and sits down on the bed. "Wow it's been so long since I've been in a real bed." he sighs laying back on the bed. "Well then you better rest up since we will have a busy day tomorrow." Hajime says to the other. Nagito nods, exhaustion hitting him as he laid on the bed, knocked out almost instantly.

Hajime sighs, "I'm worried He is going to freak out when he sees Nagito you know how He is with meeting new people." Chiaki nods, "I'll stay up until He is comfortable with Nagito." Hajime smiles, "What would I do without you." He sighs, taking her hands, and pressing their forehead together. "Probably something reckless and dangerous." She chuckles. "Yeah probably." He chuckles. The duo sit together on Chiaki's bed, just enjoying the other's presence. The brunette, wrapping his arms around the pearl colored hair girl. It's silent and peaceful, the only noise is Nagito's soft snoring. The sunset eventually came, and the arms wrapped around Chiaki grew a little more firm, but not too tight that it hurt. "Hello Izuru." Chiaki whispers, turning back, seeing the once short spiky hair brunette now the long black haired demon that shared the body with the human. "Who is that?" Izuru asks their scarlet eyes staring at the white haired male who was fast asleep, "That's Nagito, he was a victim of the Mage of despair we are helping him." Izuru nods, "He has gone through a great deal of loss, his heart is full of pain." Izuru tells Chiaki, "Hajime thought you would be the best judge of him since I know how he can be untrustworthy of others." Izuru nods, "The host has always been like that even before he met you." "That's right your memories are not normally shared but feelings can sometimes linger." Chiaki reminds herself. "I wish to speak with the ash nymph." Izuru tells Chiaki, "Not right now he just escaped a prison he was being held at. Maybe another day when we can trust him a bit more." Izuru nods understanding.