Somebody To Love

Somebody To Love by LOVERVMINS

ch 29/29 w. 125272

Jeongguk/Taehyung

1950's England au, infidelity, homophobia, violence, angst, and smut

Falling in love with another man during the 1950s was never something Taehyung or Jeongguk envisioned. Especially not when they were both married and had beautiful wives.

Review: yeah, this fic destroyed me. Jeongguk is such a sweetheart and Taehyung is lowkey an asshole but the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT tho. Even the character development between their wives is amazing. This fic made me laugh and cry several times, especially at the end. It's a tragic love story between two married men. They're taken with each other almost immediately. At first, Taehyung just sees a challenge in sleeping with Jeongguk, but Jeongguk falls hard and fast. It is known early that Taehyung is Jeongguk's first love. My only real problem with the story is that the other BTS members are rarely mentioned, like Seokjin and Namjoon are in one chapter and briefly mentioned in another, Hoseok and eventually Jimin are seen in a negative light, and Yoongi is probably the most important, honestly, especially in Jeongguk's character development, but his story is rather tragic as well. There were several unexpected twists as well. The ending destroyed me. I cried for hours. The epilogue only made me cry harder. PLEASE do yourself a favor and read this fic. I'm typically not a fan of historical AUs but this one was absolutely worth it.