prologue

june 8th, 2004━━━━━━━

june 8th, 2004
━━━━━━━

Kimberly Lewis had been waiting for this day since she was 7. The day she took her first steps on a big name stage for adoring fans who were there for her, for her band. They weren't an opening act, this was the Dew Drops gig. Their name was plastered all over the building, on t-shirts, and homemade signs. Kimberly felt like she had stepped into her own personal Heaven, and she didn't want to leave.

"Dew drops! Dew drops! Dew drops!" The crowd was loud, going wild. Kimberly was grinning from ear-to-ear, bouncing as she and her band were waiting for their cue to go on. "I've dreamed of this moment. Crowds chanting for us, excited to hear us preform. Kim, this is our moment." Kim smiled at her band mate, Marley.

Kimberly's Dew Drops consisted of Kim and her three friends, Marley, AJ, and Colton. They were her best friends. Marley and Kim had known each other since second grade, they were in a musical together and a friendship just sparked. Colton came along when he and Marley began dating about two years ago. AJ came with Colton, they were like Marley and Kimberly; a package deal. It was only right that he was invited to join the band as well. . . plus the boy was a killer drummer. 

The night they became a band, they were laying in a field, fell asleep, they woke up and no one could wake Kim up to get her inside the car. She was left out in the field, when she work up she was covered in dew. Thus Kimberly's Dew Drops.

Kim turned to her band, "We're really doing this. We're playing The Roxy! Do you know who has been on that very stage? The Ramones! Bob Marley! Billy Joel! We're stepping foot where Motley Crue and Guns 'n' Roses rocked! Oh God - I think I'm gonna puke." Marley grabbed Kim's shoulders, shaking her lightly. 

"We're gonna be another one of those bands added to the legendary people who have played here! We're gonna go down in history, this is the beginning of the rest of out lives! You, Kimberly RayAnne Lewis, do not throw up! You don't get nervous!" 

AJ stepped forward. "Your middle name is RayAnne?" Kimberly shot him a look, "Yours is Jagger." AJ stepped back, hands up in surrender.

She turned back to her best friend, her hands going up to grab Marley's. "You're right, Marls. I can do this. We can do this." Kimberly hugged her best friend tight, turning back around as the stage manager approached them. 

"You four are on." As he said that they were introduced, allowing them to take like he stage like it was their home. Kimberly took her spot at the microphone.

━━━

It had been a total of two hours, song after song, barely time to take a drink of water; but Kimberly wasn't complaining. The girl was on cloud nine and she wasn't coming down for a long time. 

The music seemed to drown out with the shouting from the crowd, Kimberly was glad they had professional ear pieces that allowed her to stay with the song as she jumped around the stage. It was a pretty tall stage, taller than Kim if she were to stand in front of it, but in rehearsal she did decently about moving around without the nerves of falling off. . .  or so she thought.

She didn't even realize what had happened. One minute she was singing with the crowd, the next she was in an ambulance. She could hear the EMT and her older sister. They sounded rushed, Kimberly didn't feel hurt. She felt perfectly fine despite being in a neck brace and the oxygen mask over her face. She thought she was okay, until she could no longer hear the EMT or her sister.

Her eyes shot open and there she stood, the ambulance zooming off down the road, leaving her still. She couldn't get her brain to wrap around how she ended up ten miles away from The Roxy, outside of the vehicle she was just in. Not until someone walked right through her, giving her full body chills and a strange tingling sensation.