chapter 04

☆ ━━ 【 butterflies & glitter 】 ━━ ☆

The four ghosts were currently in Julie's room. Reggie sprawled out on the girl's bed, Alex looking at the things Julie had decorated with, Kimberly sitting on the bean bag by the window, and Luke, who had become fixated with a box that was doodled on.

"Luke, what're you doing?" Kim asked, making herself more comfortable. She had a bay window in her room when she was younger, it was one of her favorite places too be. There was no way she was passing up a chance to lay by Julie's window and act like she was back to her happy place.

Julie walked in, first seeing Reggie, then realizing the other three were there as well. "What are you guys doing in my room?" The four jumped, immediately trying to come up with an excuse. Kimberly sat up fully, looking like a scolded child. "The garage got boring." She answered for them, the same time Luke said they were looking for the kitchen.

"This. . . This can't happen. It's creepy." Julie waved a finger at the four of them. "Get off my bed, please." She added on, gesturing to Reggie. The boy got up, not wanting to push Julie further. Kimberly felt as if she needed to stand up as well, moving to stand next to Alex.

Luke raised his hand, Kim knew what he was about to ask and almost went to stop him. When a girl has a lock-box, it's usually pretty private stuff. She would know, she had one. "Hey, Julie. What's in the box?" Kimberly looked at him, a look that said 'dude, no' on her face.

Julie shook her head. "That's off-limits." Luke chuckled lightly, looking back at the box. "Okay, girl stuff." He looked at Kimberly and quickly looked away when he realized she was on Julie's side. "Like butterflies and glitter?" Reggie asked.  

Kimberly put her fingers on her temples, holding her head before turning to Julie. "I'm sorry about them. They've never been in a girls room before." She excused, giving Reggie and Luke pointed looks. Alex laughed but covered it with a cough.

"Not true!" "Yeah! We've been in Maggie's room." Kimberly rolled her eyes. "My sister doesn't count. Her room was basically your guys' room and you know it." The amount of times Maggie had crawled into Kim's bed because the guys fell asleep was uncountable. They even had their clothes in her dresser. 

Julie ignored them, her arms crossed over her chest now. "It's none of your business. And yes, there might be some glitter." She answered, slightly rolling her eyes. Reggie looked proud that he had called it though. 

Kimberly turned to Alex as she felt him move, watching as he finally picked up the picture. Kim's eyes widen and she instinctively put her hands out to catch the picture if he were to drop, clearly seeing it was a photo of Julie and her mom. 

"Hey! I actually picked something up!" He exclaimed, walking over to Julie's bed and dropping it. Kimberly did well to catch it, making sure it actually landed on the bed. She knew how to focus her energy into touching things, seeing as all she could do for the past sixteen years was learn how to mess with the living. That and she wanted to make sure she could give small little hints to Maggie that she was still there.