chapter 05

☆ ━━ 【 finding cloud nine again】 ━━ ☆

Kimberly sat on the couch in the studio, next to Reggie. Her head was resting on his shoulder as he played random notes on his bass, both their feet up on the table. She could really use a nap right about now. . . and a snack. . . and a bubble bath.

Kimberly had officially called it: being a ghost sucked. They don't eat, they don't sleep, can't really bathe, barely anyone could see, hear, or talk to them, she had even realized that she couldn't get comfy anymore. She huffed as she moved, pulling her feet up on to the couch, turning to her side, kneeing Reggie's elbow. "Hey!" The boy called out, looking at her.

She was bored. Luke had gone inside Julie's house to do only God knows what, and left the other three outside. Alex had occupied himself with the beanbag on the loft, curled up and attempting to nap. "Sorry, I'm uncomfortable." She explained, moving once again to sit up fully, throwing her legs over Reggie's, being careful not to hit his bass.

Reggie laughed, putting his bass down. "You wouldn't say that if you were cuddled up next to Luke, right now." Kimberly looked at him, offended. "I would too!" She argued, "Would not." Alex called out, now standing to look at the two over the edge. 

"You've had a crush on Luke since forever, I'm sure if you were laying on him while he played music, you'd almost feel like you were asleep."  Kimberly scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest, pouting.

"I don't like that you two know that." 

She didn't even move when Alex poofed himself down, joining the two on the couch. He laughed, lightly poking Kimberly. "You have looked at him like he's the only thing in the world since I could remember, it's even worse now that you two are the same age." Kimberly looked at Alex. "It's that noticeable?" She asked, awe-struck. Reggie and Alex both nodded. "Super." "Oh yeah." She groaned, laying her head back to stare at the chairs hanging on the ceiling.

She ran her hands over her face, pushing herself to stand up. "Does he know?" She asked, right as Luke joined them. "Does who know what?" Kimberly gave Reggie and Alex a warning look before turning to Luke. 

"Does Julie's dad know Julie didn't get back into the music program." She made up an excuse, giving a tight smile to Luke. He looked at the guys for confirmation on their conversation, they just nodded. 

"Hey, uh - Reg, I found something in the loft that's really cool." Alex said, hitting Reggie. Reggie caught on, "Oh yeah? I would love to see that really cool thing." The two of them stood up and headed to the loft. Kimberly rolled her eyes, knowing they were wanting to listen to her and Luke without being in the awkward situation.

Kimberly sat back down on the couch, throwing her feet back up on the table, silently glaring at the two. Luke looked at them confused, but made no movement to follow them, instead he joined Kimberly on the couch.