chapter 02

☆ ━━ 【 meet julie

☆ ━━ 【 meet julie. . . and her dad 】 ━━ ☆

The morning had come so quickly that Kimberly had forgotten about the invite to stay with the boys. They had stayed out all night, wandering Hollywood and catching up. Talking about memories and poking fun at living people acting stupid. 

She was smiling when the four of the popped into the garage. They stood behind a girl on the piano, with a voice so powerful Kimberly felt moved instantly. Luke looked to all three of them and signaled to stay quiet, Kim nodded.

Alex went to hug the girl at the piano but Luke stopped him and signaled to pop out, so she did. Landing herself outside of the garage, waiting for the boys who joined shortly. "Oh, dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug." Alex pointed at the garage, clearly exasperated that Luke had stopped him.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel good moment that you think it is. Alright, trust me. What Julie needs right now is just a bit of privacy." 

Kimberly nodded agreeing. "Sadly, ghosts can't hug the living, Alex." She added on, lightly patting his shoulder. Alex looked at her with a small smile before looking back to his brunette band mate. 

"You know what? I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when other people cry." Kimberly covered her mouth as she lightly laughed, using a cough to cover the laugh. "I should know. I cried in a room for twenty-five years, and I didn't get a single hug from either of you."

It was true though. She could recall a moment when Luke brought her into Maggie's room at two in the morning because Maggie was crying and Luke didn't know what to do. 

She looked at Alex, "You cried. . . for twenty-five years?" Alex shook his head, "Nah, nope. You misunderstood me." Kimberly tucked her lips into her mouth to keep from laughing again. "I'm so sorry, you poor thing. You were stuck with Reggie and Luke for twenty-five years, crying." Alex stuck his tongue out at the girl. "I would cry too if I was stuck with 'em." Luke sarcastically laughed with Reggie lightly flicked her ear. "Hey! It was a joke!"

Luke ignored the two, waiting for them to stop before he began speaking again. "I think the first thing we should do, once we get the courage to go in there, is ask Julie. . . why she lied about playing the piano." 

Kimberly furrowed her eyebrows. "Dude. Clearly, playing music is something tied to a bigger picture. Maybe the girl just didn't wanna tell you." Reggie pointed at Kimberly in agreement. "Or, tell her how amazing she is." Alex added on, shrugging.

The gate behind them opened, alerting Kimberly and she turned to see another girl. . . who was also crying. She walked right past the four of them and headed into the garage. "Okay, who is she?" Kim asked, pointing, confusion written on her face. Reggie shrugged. 

"Oh my gosh, was she crying too?" Kim nodded, clearly noting that the girl was quietly sobbing. "The only thing scarier than one girl crying is two girls crying." Kimberly smacked her forehead, holding it in her hand. "You boys are helpless." "We can't go in there, now!" "But, we can listen." Kimberly looked up.