Chapter Fourteen

Harrison's POV

It was about 9:30 and Harrison was downstairs eating breakfast with Tom and his family. They were all sitting around the counter on the bar stools and chatting as they ate pancakes doused with golden syrup. 

"So, how do you like Georgia?" Haz asked through a mouthful of pancakes, wiping the syrup off of his face.

"It's nice, the people are very friendly," Nikki replies.

"Yeah, it's really pretty, too," Paddy responds, still intently looking at his pancakes on the plate. Nikki tussles his hair and he glares up at her, causing Haz to hold back a laugh.

"Well, I better go get ready. I have a date with Lily today," he says, grabbing the last bite of pancakes and rinsing off his dish before heading upstairs to his room. He shuts the door behind him and quickly changes into his swimsuit, grabbing a bottle of sunscreen and rubbing it on, making sure it wasn't making him look like a ghost. When he was satisfied he pulled on a tshirt and some flip flops and grabbing a towel before heading downstairs and hopping into his car, pulling out into the road and driving over to Lily's flat. When he arrived he hopped out of the car and got up to her door, knocking before stepping back. He heard footsteps and then the door creaked open and out stepped Lily, she had a light pink tshirt on with flip flops and a pair of sunglasses, carrying a towel. 

"Ready to go?" he asked, smiling at her.

"Yep," she replied, walking out and following him to the car. They hop into his car and drive for a while until they get deep to where they're going. Smiling, he grabs her hand and pulls her after him. 

"Here it is, the lake," he said with a big grin. 

"Ok, let's go," she laughs. She flaps out her towel and lays it on the grass, kicking off her shoes and pulling the tshirt off over her head. Following suit, he pulls off his shirt and kicks off his shoes, placing them on his towel. He turns to her and his eyes widen, she looks brilliant. She's wearing a white bikini covered in red roses, her green eyes shining with excitement. He sees her eyes dart down to his exposed chest and abs before quickly finding his eyes. Smiling, he leads her down to the lake, his smile turning to a smirk when she looks away. 

Lily's bikini (once again not the person lol)

Haz's swimsuit

With a huge smile, he puts his hands on her shoulders and shoves her into the lake. A shriek escapes her mouth and is cut off abruptly as she plunges into the water, splashing him as she disappears beneath the surface. Within a second she resurfaces, coughing.

"How dare you?" she exclaims with a laugh, panting. Shaking her head, her red hair flows out and sprays water all over him. He lets out a low chuckle and then gasps as he feels her wet hands wrap around his ankles, pulling him into the water. The cool water rushes over him as he goes down deeper into the lake, opening his eyes to the murky water and taking a quick glance around before smiling himself. Swimming up, he gets beneath Lily and grabs her foot, pulling her down and quickly releasing her as he paddles up to the surface, flinging his head back as he takes a deep breath. He turns around and sees Lily, her green eyes wide with fear. They land on him and she smiles, "Ok, enough with the tricks." 

"Fine," he agrees with a laugh. Lily combs her fingers through her hair, a laugh escaping her lips. They swim through the water, laughing as they splash and dive, the sun slowly moving across the clear blue summer sky. Eventually the sky starts turning pink and purple, the other people turn into silhouettes against the sun. They make their way out of the pool and dry off before pulling their shirts back on and sliding into their flip flops. Chatting on the way they make their way back to his car and start driving home. Along the way he pulls into a parking lot and Lily glances at him, confused.

"Where're we going?" He just gives her a knowing glance and drives up to a building in the middle of the huge lot, pulling into a line. 

"Welcome to McDonald's. What can I get for you?" Haz turns to face Lily, who's fist is against her mouth, evidentaly stifling a laugh.

"Um, I'll take the Big Mac with a water and a Hot Fudge Sunday. Lily?"

"Can I have a kid's nugget meal with fries and upgrade to a small vanilla milkshake?"

"Whipped cream and cherry ok?"

"Yes ma'am." 

They hear a frantic typing and see the screen light up with their order. "Please pull up to the next window and pay, your total will be $6.59." Harrison grabs his wallet and pulls out the money before pulling up to the window and paying. They get their food pretty quickly and start eating as he drives her back to her flat. They park, talking about whatever comes to their mind as they finish up their meals.

"You really still get the kid's meal?" He asks with a laugh and he sees Lily's face flush.

"What? I mean, it's the same as the adult except cheaper. Plus, you get a toy," she laughs, holding up her fuzzy dog from the movie A Dog's Purpose as proof.

"Fine, you win," he says, bowing down to her with his arms like he was hailing The Queen.

"Ok, it's getting late," she sighs, looking down at her watch. "I should probably go to bed soon, I have work tomorrow." He nods, opening the car door and following her up to her door. "Thank you so much for the wonderful day, Haz. It was amazing."

"Of course, luv," he replies, leaning in for a kiss. Their lips touch and stay locked for what feels like eternity until he feels a tap on his shoulder and jumps, turning around. 

"You better let her get to bed, mate," a familiar voice says and he turns around with a smile.

"What're you here for, Tom?"

"I was gonna put this note beneath the door for Emma, it's her birthday tomorrow you know?"

"Oh right," he replies, grateful that Tom had pestered him enough that he had gotten her gift weeks in advance.

"I'll take that in for you, Tom. That's so sweet," Lily says with a smile as she grabs the note from Tom's hand and walks inside, giving Harrison a kiss on the cheek as she walks past him and heads into the room, closing the door behind her.

"Well, we better head back too," Tom says with a smile.

"Yep." They head back out to the parking lot and get into their separate cars, driving home. Haz takes a quick shower before changing into sweatpants and sliding into his sheets, feeling the warm waves of sleep seep over him like the waters of the lake.