Chapter Fifteen

Emma's POV

With a wide yawn, Emma stretched out and rolled over, facing her nightstand. She saw her phone and reached over, grabbing it with her clumsy hands. Unplugging it and turning it on and opening Instagram. She hadn't opened it since before the premier because of school and it was no surprise to find hundreds of notifications. Opening her DM's she saw hundreds of girls had messaged her and she smiled as she opened them and responded to as many as she could. Almost all of them were encouraging, asking a little about her and trying to find out who she was. Some were more on the neutral side, telling her how lucky she is and how she wished that they were her, complaining about how they weren't Tom's and how he would never love them. She replied by thanking them for talking to her and saying that someday they'd find someone of their own, but there were some negative ones that she had no idea how to reply to. They were mad at her for 'stealing their man' and saying that Tom was 'too good for her' but her mood lightened when she saw two familar faces in the contacts. The girls' parents had messaged her, saying how much Mikayla and Jordyn had loved meeting with her and Tom and how they couldn't stop talking about it for weeks. When she finally finished replying to all the DM's she checked the notifications and saw many friend requests and reluctantly accepted them, nervous that some of them would be creeps but realizing that this is what celebrities had to deal with all the time, and now since she was dating a celebrity she would have to get used to it herself. If need be she could always block them. 

With a sigh she swiped out of Instagram and clicked off her phone, rolling out of bed and onto her feet, quickly changing into some jean shorts and a yellow tshirt before heading out the door and down to a café just off campus that she had found a few days ago. Plopping down at a small table outside a waitress soon walked up to her.

"I'm Melissa, what can I get for you?"

"Um can I please have the iced coffee?" The woman nods, writing it down on her  notepad before tucking it back in the pocket of her black apron and heading inside, giving one last smile at Emma. Within about five minutes she walked back out and handed her a clear plastic cup with a lid that had a raised lip with a small slit in it to drink out of. Raising the cup to her lips, she tilted it back and sighed with pleasure as the cold coffee slid through her lips, a thick frosted consistency that was satisfying on the hot summer morning. The coffee almost spilled as she jumped in surprise, hearing a loud blow behind her. Setting down her drink, she turned around to see Tom, Haz, and Lily standing behind her, noisemakers in their mouths and cards in their hands. Emma opened her eyes wide, she had forgotten it was her birthday! 

"Happy birthday, Emma!" They shouted at once then blowing the noisemakers again, causing her to laugh in joy. They placed their cards in front of her, urging her to open them. Happily obliging, she opened the cards and read all the sweet notes from each of them, Lily even gave her a Barnes and Nobles gift card, her favorite store. Thanking all of them with a huge hug, Tom grabbed her hand and pulled her to the car, but she made sure to grab her coffee and all the cards before she got too far away. They loaded into Lily's car, a convertible, and lowered the roof as they drove down the street, the radio blaring and their hands in the air. Emma had quickly finished her drink and put the cards in her bag so that she could join them. Singing, more like shouting, along with the words while whooping and hollering, Lily driving one handed so she could sort of join in without crashing. She eventually pulled into a parking lot, rolling the hood back up and turning the radio which was met with groans of disappointment.

"Come on guys, we have some birthday bowling to take care of," Lily said, her green eyes twinkling. Grabbing her hand, Lily led Emma into the bowling alley and up to the desk to get the shoes. "Hi, we'd like to rent some bowling shoes."