Chapter Sixteen

A/N: You can listen right now or start it later, you'll know when. Or you can do both :) I love this song so muchhhh

Emma's POV

Emma woke with a start at the sound of her alarm beeping. She stretched and checked her phone where the alarm read 'Wedding Day!'. With a huge smile she climbed out of bed and took a quick shower, changing into some jean shorts and a Spider-Man: Homecoming tshirt because why not. Some people mentioned having 'cold feet' on their wedding day, but Emma was not scared at all. Tom was the most perfect man ever, not only was he handsome but he was funny, sweet, thoughtful, and just all around amazing. It had been about two months since he had proposed and she had spent the whole time wedding planning, finding the perfect caterer, the perfect venue, and, of course, the perfect dress. Over those two months she had only talked to her mom once, the day after she had proposed, and she had been anything but supportive. After having such a close relationship with her for the first eighteen years of her life, it was really weird spending the nineteenth without her. Lily had convinced her to talk to her again today and she had grudgingly agreed. Grabbing her stuff, she headed downstairs where Lily was waiting for her with her iced coffee and donuts; she had a little before to get them food.

"You ready?" Lily asked, handing Emma the food as she hopped in the driver's seat.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she replied, closing the door behind her as she slid in next to Lily. They drove in a comfortable silence to Emma's house. 

"Ok, let's go." Lily stepped out of the car and walked over to Emma, opening the door for her.

"Do I have to?" Emma moaned, wishing she didn't have to try and convince her mom to let her marry her fiancé, she was an adult! Her mom shouldn't be able to tell her how old she has to be to get married! Lily reached over her and unbuckled her seat belt, grabbing her arm and dragging her up to the front porch.

"If you really love Tom and want to marry him, than do it. You and I both know you'll always regret it if you're mom isn't there for your wedding day."

"Fine," Emma sighed. She rapped on the door and heard footsteps as her mom walked up to the door.

"Yes?" She asked, opening the door wide. When her eyes landed on Emma they looked at her longingly before quickly turning as cold as ice. "What do you want?" She questioned harshly.

"Can we please talk, Mom?" 

"Ok, come in." Her mom opened the door and the girls walked in. Emma looked around and smiled to herself, it was exactly how it was when she left. They were ushered over to the family room and sat down on the couch. "What is it, dear?"

"Please hear me out and don't interrupt until I'm done, ok?"

"Fine."

"Mom, I love you and Tom both. Today is my wedding day and I really want you to be there with me, I really do. Please." Emma sighs when her mom rolls her eyes.

"I still think 19 is too young for my baby girl to be married. You're not even old enough to drink champagne at your own wedding!" She's about to get up, defeated, but she hears Lily's clear voice start from beside her and sits back down, turning to look at her friend.

"Look Mrs. Applegate. I've had plenty of boyfriends, we all know this, and only one of them has ever felt even half as true as Emma and Tom. They're perfect together, Tom is the most responsible guy I know. He has been the perfect gentleman to Emma, respecting her boundaries and just being an all around great guy. I don't know how else to explain it, but you need to know that this wedding won't be the same without you. Please, just reconsider."