four

" Faiqa, doodh ubal jayega. Gas band kardo please" Duaa called out to her sister in law.

" Faiqa! " Duaa shouted and switched off the gas.

She pushed Faiqa's hand away from the path of the boiling milk. All this while Faiqa wasn't even aware of her environment let alone the danger she so narrowly escaped.

Duaa shook her gently bringing her back to the land of the living. It was then that Faiqa took in her surroundings and saw the milk boiled over and Duaa holding her hand.

" Fai, mahaul ka hosh karo. Kuch ho jaata tumhe toh " Duaa scolded her, afraid for her wellbeing.

" Bhabhi...?" Faiqa mumbled after gathering a lot of courage.

Duaa sat down on the chair by the kitchen island, exhausted. Her back was killing her. She took her multivitamins and gulped them down with water.

" Kya baat hai? Main do din se dekh rahi hu tumhe. Kya pareshaani khaye jaa rahi hai?"

Duaa looked at a tensed Faiqa now sitting beside her, fiddling with the end of her dupatta.

" Wo bhabhi..." Faiqa trailed off, suddenly feeling too emotional.

" Kya baat hai Meri Jaan? Bhabhi ko nahi bataogi?" Duaa reached over and touched her face, caressing her cheeks.

Faiqa is like a sister for her and she cannot see the exuberant girl so troubled.

" I promise I'll help you out with anything. Even if I can't, at least mujhse share karne se tumhara dil halka ho jayega " Duaa tucked a strand of hair behind her ears.

" I think I might be sick. Like really sick " Faiqa sobbed.

" Kya?" Duaa raised her eyebrows.

" I'm not feeling so good these days. I'm throwing up all the time. And the other day..." She started weeping.

" It's okay sweetheart " Duaa gently rubbed her back in a soothing manner.

Is this what she thinks it is?

" ...I shouted at Zaan. For no fault of his. And the kind man just smiled at me. I'm so bad Bhabhi " she whispered as if confessing a sin.

Duaa helped her drink a little of her flavoured water.

" Did you get your Periods this month? Maybe it's PMS " Duaa didn't want to declare anything before confirmation.

" I had a little spotting last week but that's it. But I never do get heavy periods so..." Faiqa was still troubled.

Endometrial Implantation? Duaa mused.

Maybe she should call her gynecologist and see if she could accommodate them today.

" Achaa, rou nahi. Tumhe rota dekh mujhe bilkul acha nahi lagta hai" she pulled her cheeks, making her smile.

" Zaan bhi yahi kehte hai" Faiqa giggled shyly.

" Zaan huh! Humare Bhai ke ishq ka rang bohot hi gehra chadha hua hai mohtarma par, main sadke jaaon"

Duaa took her balayein and blew over some protection prayers.

Allah bless them!

" I'm so thankful to Allah that I married Zaan" Faiqa chimed holding Duaa's hands.

Her mood now doing a full 360!

" Achaa? Maine toh suna tha tumne bechare Azaan Bhai par hamla kar diya tha. Wo toh Moosy ne uske Taya Abbu ko bacha liya " Duaa teased her, relieved for her uplifted spirits.