Chapter 19

Sitting apart from each other, the two couldn't shake off the awkwardness they're feeling. He's drawing circles on the bench's arm rest while she keeps scratching her sleeve. It's their blundering attempt to lessen the tension.

It's not only the night that's making the temperature drop. The sudden cold shoulder maybe have something to do with it too.

"Where did you go?" Her question cuts through the silence. "I studied abroad." He bit his bottom lip after answering her.

"Oh... At least you're still alive." Even after three years, Yujin still feels hurt because of the past, but seeing him in front of her gives her a sense of relief. At least now she know he's well.

"Yeah... You're doing great by the way. THE actress Ahn Yujin." He spoke again. "Anyway. It's great seeing you again, at the place I confessed." He chuckled.

She looked away from him. His teasing manner got to her as she feels her face getting hotter.

"I-I'm just biking around the city..."

"Biking around the city at this spot when our anniversary date is close?" He teased her again.

"S-shut up!"

Somehow a small switch of happiness has been turned on for Yujin. She only thought about punching him if one day they meet again but what she's feeling is the complete opposite of that.

Same goes for Y/N. It's like they found comfort almost immediately with each other.

"Y/N-ah... Do you still lo-"

*Ring Ring*

Her phone suddenly rings.

The girl cursed in her head. Who is the person who dare interrupt her from asking her golden question.

"Unnie! What!?" She answered the phone. "Yah! Ahn Yujin come back home now! It's late!" Eunbi immediately yells back at her.

She touch the big red button fast before Eunbi can continue her lecture.

"I see Eunbi noona is still scolding you."

"H-Hmph! I gotta go back now... I-it's nice meeting you..."

Yujin got on her bike and slowly pedals away from Y/N. He sits there looking at the girl going further and further away from him.

'I don't want your shining moon be covered by my night sky... I'm so afraid...'

Is it to greedy to be wanting her again? He hurt her in the past and now he wants her again. He snapped his head back to reality and walks home.

'Yujin wanting me again? In your dreams...'

Later that night...

Jinyoung looks at the door once he heard it opens. He saw Y/N smiling like a kid in a candy store.

"That's weird, you're smiling so sincerely... You're an impostor! The real Y/N would never smile these days!"

"Aish~ what are you talking about hyung!? I-I'm just happy that's all."

Jinyoung feels strange seeing him like this but he brushed it off since it's not really a bad thing seeing him being happy for once. He needs it after suffering these past years.

It certainly a good mood for what he's about to tell him.

"Y/N-ah, remember the drama you did with Yujin?" Jinyoung asked him. "Of course hyung. How can I forget about that." He sits beside Jinyoung on the couch.