Gifts from the past.

July/31/1995

Harry Potter's 15 Birthday, Nessa is 8 weeks old. Right now Harry is walking down the stairs very  grudgingly holding a sleeping baby with her head propped against Harry's chest. So far he learned who to make a meal while holding a baby while people his age were just looking how to cook. 

While Harry is eating and Nessa who just woke up is drinking her bottle when two owls swoop in. One he recognized as Hedwig and the other is Ron's owl Pigwidgeon. Hedwig gracefully swooped in and was standing on a huge box with a stack of letters. But Pig is zooming around with a bunch of small packages. He got Pig first, he got a few books, quidditch supplies, an new jumper for Him and Nessa and a few sweets. When Harry got the mail from Hedwig he was going through the letters he got they were from Ron, Hermione, Fred, Gorge, Ginny, Charlie, an Bill. They were all asking what happened, well except Fred and George's they were asking how he did it. Next was the box. He opened the bag that was in it. It had a camera with a picture of the whole Weasley family. Harry smiled at the picture and looked deeper in the box.

Harry pulled out a stack of frames. They were all of him as a baby, of his parents, the marauders at school. Harry had tears in his eyes and looked at Nessa who just finished her bottle. 'At least you will know who they are' Harry thought. He put those aside a dug deeper in the box. There were dusty books. The Lone Wolf, The Deathly Hallows, and And the urge to Love you.  And with it had a small lion with the words Potter stitched on the bottom of the foot. Nessa immediately made a grab for it. After he checked for curses Nessa had her small hands on the stuffed animal. At the very bottom it had a letter. Harry opened it up and read.

'Dear Harry,

When you read this you are having your first child. It's probably a red head. We wanted you to have stuff in your house to remind you of us. So that marks off the pictures. These were your favorite books growing up. You made us read them to you every night. The last one is the lion every Potter has had one. So to keep on the tradition you first born does too!

All good luck for your journey through parenthood.

Love, Lily and  the Marauders"

Now tears are rolling down Harry's face freely. That definitely hit a nerve Harry thought. Harry was happy of how his birthday has been for the first time in awhile. It was going good, Harry slipped Nessa in the carrier he bought so he doesn't have to hold her all the time.

 It was going good, Harry slipped Nessa in the carrier he bought so he doesn't have to hold her all the time

He gave Nessa her lion back and took a picture with her chewing on the lions ear. Harry was surprised when picture came back moving.(Harry knew that pictures move he just thought the there was a spell) He looked at it and saw a smiling teen with the little girl who stole Harry Potter's heart.