Birthday Present

Harry's POV, August 10

It has been a crazy few days, after getting mail from many newspapers wanting my response on the situation. They found out a lady named Dolores Umbridge was behind the dementors and is now in Azkaban. Everyone has been so busy with me I almost forgot Ginny's Birthday!  Yes I know I never really did anything for her birthday but there is time for change.

I grabbed Nessa and put her on his hip with the baby bag and made her way to the fireplace. As they quickly went into it with floo powder. They stepped out into Gringotts and made there way outside. He remembers Hermione saying Ginny likes quidditch. So first stop, quidditch store! 

1 hour later

After a lot of shopping he was heading back home. As he was in the muggle world right now he would rather get out quickly. But I stopped when I heard yelling "Shut up you freak! No wonder your parents didn't like you are a filthy witch!" a man yelled at a little girl that didn't look older than 2. I walked over to them calmly as possible with a bag and Nessa in one hand while my other is hovering over a pocket that has my wand hidden "Is there a problem?" I ask as nicely as possible. "This witch is possessing things to move!" He yells which causes her to flinch. My eyes flicker over to her, she has red hair and blue eyes looking up at him in fear. My eyes move back to the man "Is this your daughter?" I ask hoping he wasn't. He shook his head no "She lives at the orphanage I work at." I let out a breath of relief. "I would like to adopt her," I saw taking him and the girl by surprise. "You want a freak like her!" he yells, I nod. "I happen to be one of those freaks." I saw taking my wand out much to his displeasure. "You know what just keep her!" He says as I watch him run away. 

I turn to her and bend down and look her in the eyes "What's your name hunny?" she looks at me with teary eyes and says "Tayla Oakley". I smile at her and says "My name is Harry your new father." her head darts up and wraps her tiny arms around my neck. I stand up holding her on my hip like I am for Nessa. "Do you want to come home with me and my other daughter, Nessa." I ask looking at her watch Nessa with a small smile. She nods a little and I take off. I show her diagon alley, since we have to get her new things for her room. She is smiling wider than I ever thought possible. I have all the shrunk things in the bag filled with gifts for Ginny, and is heading home. 

I set Tayla on the couch and told her I am going to put Nessa down for a nap. When I came back she was looking at the room still in the same spot. "Hey honey," I say as she jumps not hearing me walk in "Are you hungry?" she looks at me with wide eyes and mumbles out a yes. I pulled my arms out for her to jump in my arms that she gladly accepted. "Ok what do you want a sandwich,or pasta?" she thinks for a minute then says "pasta please" I smile at her manners. I take out everything I need putting Tayla on a stool by the counter. "Ok we need to learn more about each other. K?" I say looking at her. "Ok" she said in a small voice. "What is your...favorite color?" I ask taking out a pot filling it up with water. "Pink!" she squealed, I chuckle at her excitement. "Mine is green. So what is your favorite animal?" the question left her thinking for a second until she said "puppy's" so matter a factly. I hand her the bowl of pasta and bring her to the table. "I am going to set up your new room. I will leave the door open if you need something." She nods with a mouthful of noodles in her mouth. I smile at her while grabbing the bag. 

I enlarge a bed, tp looking backboard, side tables, dressers, along with clothes I bought her. I put some shoes in her closet and headed back down stairs to put some in the shoe rack along with some coats. I look at the table when I come back empty handed and found Tayla nowhere insight. I look around the whole bottom floor and head back upstairs to find Tayla looking out a window that shows a view of the pond. I accio tha camera and take a picture.

She look towards me with a startled expression

She look towards me with a startled expression. "I'm sorry it was to cute not take a picture of." I said with a smirk. Her face becomes calm again and jogs over to me wrapping her arms around my knees. I pick her up "So one of my friend's birthday is coming up do you want to help me wrap her present." I ask while she nods her head rapidly. We walk to my room and I set her in my bed and I take out all of the things I got Ginny. "Ok first we have to get the box-"I grab the box and put it out in front of us"-and then put quidditch jumper in-" Tayla grabs it a foldes it in the box neatly"-the 'GW' necklace and really soft boots-" I grab the necklaces and Tayla gets the boots"-and finally muggle and wizard books!" We both put the books in and put the cover to the box on. I go to a drawer and pull out a parchment and quill. 

'Dear Ginny,

I know I usually don't do anything for your birthday but I decided why not change that! So this stuff is mostly stuff Nessa thought looked cool. But I really hope you like it!

Sincerely, Harry Potter'

I look at the letter and self debated in adding a picture of Tayla. The side that wanted me to won, I duplicated the picture and wrote 'There is a new addition' on it and put it in the envelope with it. Hedwig comes over to me and I put the package and letter on her foot. "To Ginny" I tell her and she flys off. It was peaceful until Tayla and I heard crying from Nessa's room. We look at eachother and headed off that way. I picked her up out of her crib a changed her, we sat in the chair I have in there. Tayla sits in my lap all snuggled up as I rock back and forth with both daughters in hand.