Their Cadence

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     Midoriya sighs as he looks around the room.  It was just after 10am on their first day of punishment.  Bakugo had commanded him to go outside the night prior where he'd led him to Arena 4 in the school.  He'd confronted him about Midoriya's quirk and they'd had a fight.  For that, the two had gotten short suspensions from classes.
     Now they were stuck to be cleaning the dorm rooms.  (Y/N) was laid out on a couch with Bakugo awkwardly standing over her.  They'd been chatting, strangely calm for Bakugo of all people.  (Y/N) was laughing as she waved a hand at the blond, but he didn't respond to her remarks as he instead stared daggers into his childhood nemesis.
     (Y/N) sits up and grins at him.  
     "Midoriya-kun!  You're here."  She swings her legs over the edge, purposefully hitting Bakugo's calves.  It breaks his stare as he jumps back and begins yelling at her, but she only laughed at him.  Midoriya could tell that his anger wasn't nearly as real in that moment.
     "We're cleaning?" he asks slowly.  She nods her head, chuckling at how he seemed almost scared of the idea.
     "I spend a lot of time keeping this place nice, so you guys are giving me a nice little break."
     "So much of a break to be bossing us around," Bakugo grumbles as he crosses his arms.  She again swats at him.
     "It isn't really too big of a deal anyway.  I like cleaning."
     "I think I could tell."  (Y/N) turns back to Midoriya as she begins walking over to him.
     She showed the two to where all of the cleaning supplies were stored.  They pulled out some as she led them around the place, pointing out places they needed to remember to dust regularly.  Midoriya did so, Bakugo only following his lead when (Y/N) yelled at him.
     "I didn't realize how dusty this place gets," he mumbles as he swipes a rag over the window sills.  "My mom only cleans the apartment like this once or twice a week."  (Y/N) nods, standing between them as she points Bakugo to the one she wanted him to clean.  He begrudingly does so.  
     "With so many people in here, it gets dirty much faster.  These won't always be dusty b-"  
     "Then why are we cleaning them!?" Bakugo yells at her.  It was so strange to Midoriya how he was obviously more mad at the task than at her.  It was almost always the other way around, even when it made less sense.  
     "Well, if you'd let me finish," she says calmly as she pushes down on his raised fist shaking defiantly in the air.   "But I think it's good to clean them every day so you don't forget to.  It's easiest to clean them when they're less dirty; you don't want to let them get to the point where its caked on."  Midoriya shakes his head at all the information.
     "This is so much to learn."  (Y/N) chuckles at him as she nods her head again.  Bakugo continued to scrape the rag against the wood, which she gave a pointed glance to but didn't comment on.
     "Well, you better do it quick.  You're stuck with me for three days."  Midoriya watches Bakugo tense behind her.  He knew why: for inciting the incidient, Bakugo was suspended for 4 days, one extra than Midoriya.  
     He watched as she moved to step around the blond, bringing up some more items.  She was always oddly close to him.  Right now, it was to lean up and point towards the window panes as she asked him to clean it.  Even the way she commented on his height was strange; there was a hint of something under it other than just that it was a logical choice.  He couldn't imagine how she hadn't gotten a blast to the face yet, or if she had, why she still acted like this.