Yúyīn- part A

'I feel like I'm lacking some spark'

Haruto slowly made his way to the entrance of the resort where his friends were ready to leave. It was a lively group of three young men and two women who appeared to be college students dressed in their casuals. As soon as Haruto appeared in front of them, a girl with a light peach-coloured coat with huge white buttons and white jeans stepped forward, her black long locks falling over her shoulders ran towards him tugging his right arm in hers and pressing her chest against his strong arm. You could sense a sort of pride in her eyes as she smiled at her friends as if she had found her lost toy. Haruto maintained a neutral expression.

The girl standing by his side was Ichimura Takumi. Haruto said he would go to the resort with her on a whim as his friends were being pushy during the last weekend. Furuya Haruto was in his third year of Engineering Bachelor's, the sharp jawline and the raven-black eyes made him appear slightly mature for his age which added to his charm.

Haruto sighed at the sight of his bickering friends. One thing that made Haruto content these days was working out in the gym or going out for a run in the morning and eating homemade meals Ikku; Sakurai Itsuki, cooked for him. Haruto and Ikku had been roommates and classmates since the first year and were inseparable since the bond between them had formed even before they knew it. Haruto and Ikku clicked instantly, it was as though they have been friends for a long time.

"Haru-Kun, where did you run off too, I was worried." she said in a soft tone in an attempt to make Haruto swoon over her bashfulness. Takumi was an extremely beautiful woman with a touch of wickedness that could scoop you into her world with just a look. The party stared at them as they attracted quite the attention of the surrounding crowd. Ikku noticed that Haruto was trying to overlook her ability to impose herself on him and keep a calm expression.

"Haru, how about we head home, for now, it's quite late already and you promised to help me with my assignment," Ikku said. Haruto looked at Takumi and replied "Sorry for worrying you guys, I just wandered off." eyeing the group apologetically.

Takumi was taken back when Haruto refused her charms but she knew more than that to show her surprised look, so she kept her cool.

The group agreed to meet up in college and dispersed. While they walked to the station Ikku kept stealing glances at his tall friend. Even after they boarded the train, though they kept to themselves due to the tiredness, Ikku wanted to talk about Takumi.

Haruto closed his eyes, placed his head on the metal support next to him looking desolate. Ikku wondered how he kept his balance with all the jolting.

"Haruto, that girl definitely likes you, it was obvious how she was fawning all over you, why don't you give her a chance? It would be a waste to let go of such beauty.'

"Ikku, I'm not denying a relationship, I'm unable to imagine being all lovey-dovey with her, I feel placid. I hardly know anything about her, sure she is beautiful but I'm not attracted to her emotionally and so far I have dated only on a whim."

"Yea, two of them  didn't last longer than two months, tops."

Haruto continued "I always tell them that I would like to wait before I give it a name, I reluctantly agree to their confessions but then I realize we're not in sync. Anyways, all they ever wanted to do was flash around their boyfriend to their peers, it was mostly physical, none of them had my heart skipping or made me feel giddy." A sullen look spread over his face as he tried to think about the past happenings.

"Yes yes, all of them you sent crying, came complaining to me." Ikku sighed heavily. "Give them a chance. Are you sure you are not trying to push the person away even before they get to know you?" Ikku continued, crossing his arms while looking at Haruto.

Ikku was too tired to lecture his friend on dating but he was worried about the poor girl who would soon get her heartbroken. Despite being told off by Haruto the first time she confessed, she persisted in pursuing him. Haruto seemed more dazed than usual.

"Anyway, I met a strange guy today, he might have been a fashion model or something, his features were high definition and I'm guessing he didn't have any makeup on him, I was intrigued." He shifted and rested his head on Ikku's shoulders.

"Ahh, that's rare, someone who grabbed your attention must be stunning, furthermore a guy? Interesting. You.." Ikku said in a flat tone mocking him "Are you sure that wasn't an alien?"

Haruto was sound asleep.

"Tch, this guy! So carefree, I'll not wake him up at our stop." Ikku took his earphones from his bag, plugged them into his ears and started browsing through his Instagram page.

Ayumu came back to his room, left his coat on the rack, placed his wallet inside a drawer next to the bed and changed into grey pyjamas. Ayumu was extremely tired and dozed off almost immediately when the stranger's concerned face flashed across his mind, he felt a familiar pain seep into his chest, however; he brushed it off and let the tiredness take him to the sleep world.