Gūzen- Part A

Part A

Haruto spent his weekend working out at the gym with Ikku and enjoying Ikku's homemade meals. The week began just fine, the same with classes, the library, and the hangouts at the cafeteria. Takumi was a new addition to the usual six. During the lunch hour on a Wednesday afternoon, she said that she wanted to try bowling and that a new bowling alley rolled out in the shopping district of Shinjuku next to the 'mochi' store. Haru wanted to eat the red bean-filled sweet 'mochi' so he agreed to go when she said she'd treat the group. They finished their lunch and decided to scatter for the day, it was then Ikku disappeared and came back with a cup of caramel coffee flavoured thick shake in his hand.

Haruto was waiting for him at the cafeteria entrance. "Let's head to the library and get the lecture printouts," he said and they headed towards the library.

"Sure!" He said, slurping his drink.

"Waaaaaa, it's so yummy!! Ney, Haru try this" and he passed the drink to Haruto.

Haruto had a tiny sip and as soon as the heavily flavoured caramel melted as it touched his lips, the slight bitterness of coffee complemented the sweetness of caramel. Haruto stopped in his steps while holding the drink in his hands as a gust of wind swept past them rustling their hair for a moment.

Ikku turned around to look for Haruto who stopped in his trail and was touching his lips in a daze.

"Chocolate?? " His sensory memory took him back to Ayumu who was standing against the metal wall looking outside the window, and for some reason, he thought about the birthmark on Ayumu's neck.

"Hehehe, I asked the cute Mizuna chan at the cafe to add a little chocolate syrup." Ikku took the cup away from Haru shielding it.

"I guess his image is still stuck in my brain, what is this ineffable feeling?" He shook his head in denial and Ikku was busy browsing and slurping simultaneously.

"Well whatever, it's not like I'll run into him every day."

"Run into whom?"Ikku asked, still looking into his phone.

Haruto laughed out loud. "Ikku, soon you'll trip and fall on your face if you keep looking into your phone while walking" and roughly placed his hands over Ikku's shoulder as they merrily walked towards the library diverting the matter in hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayumu spent his weekend reading the book he wanted to read for a long time "Higashino Keigo's-Malice, Ayumu loved thrillers so he pulled an all-nighter to complete the book while he wrapped himself comfortably under a blanket.

On Sunday afternoon, Ayumu's best friend and classmate, Sawamura, called him up to meet for dinner to which he agreed. He met Sawamura and they discussed the plans for the upcoming semester along with casual conversation about movies and gossip. Sawamura wanted to go to Shinjuku next Thursday to pick some clothes and stationery for himself. Ayumu checked if he could take a week off on Thursday with Kei-san and made plans to meet at Shinjuku with his classmate.

After getting off the train he picked up some vegetables from the store next to the station and headed home. The evening was breezy yet Ayumu was sweating beneath that plain white t-shirt.

"Shinjuku huh? Haven't been there in a while, I hope it isn't too crowded. He whined. I'm an adult and I'm still uncomfortable with crowded places. Hmmm, as long as I don't get separated from Sawamura, I'll be fine." He yawned and held his long arms and rubbed them.