senior year

Senior year was supposed to be the time of our lives, yet we were still invisible, not even outcasts, but just...completely ignored. For me, maybe it was because of my love to books, or maybe it was cause I am always submerged in my fictional worlds, sometimes it was the small dark town and other times it was the big kingdom, overall, all my attention was towards my books ,the only big change this year was that I switched from detective books to high school romance ones ,and it was all because of them.

And Yes! My life was dull without them .

At school, i was ignored but at home, i was acknowledged even admired by my family, their affection was supposed to be enough. I had the best life anyone could ever ask for, so how in the bloody hell did i end up in this interrogation room ; questioned about a murder where i am one of the main suspects, how did my life get so ....... interesting! I guess??

"What happened today?" the detective said talking to each one of them; this tiny empty room was still brighter than these 17 year old minds, the only mistake that poor woman made was trusting their innocent looks, and believing that she could help them, that she could save their rotten souls.

It was a lethal mistake !

"I am sorry but.... I don't know why I am here."

"Who killed her ?!!" she added getting furious due to the lack of their interest.

"I have no idea. What are you talking about?!"

"So is this how things are gonna go " she said knocking down her chair.

"fine , WHO KILLED YOUE CHEMISTRY TEACHER " she added loudly slamming her hands on the table.

"Detective ; you know I am still underage, and i don't have to answer you without a lawyer !"

"Where were you at 7 pm?"

"With my friends, at the football game, you can ask them?"

" If you confess now your sentence will be reduced"

"I would love to help you detective, she was a nice teacher, really, but I don't know "

"That's not what i heard from your classmates" she said with a smirk;

"Look! Detective, i am a normal 17 year old , i hate school; I have beef with every teacher and even some students , that doesn't mean i am gonna burn the school down".

Each one of them said. None of them was going to break under the pressure, she knew it, they knew it, their answers were so similar. It was almost like they were two steps ahead of her.

"what about you anna ?"

"my name is Anastasia" one of them said.

"i heard you are one of the first students in the school , everybody loves you"

"i was..."

"so what made the almost perfect girl from school hang out with the four troublemakers, hmm... maybe the teacher made you fail , you got into a fight with her, she threatened to suspend you, you got angry , planned the murder , asked for their help in return gave them something ?"

"i have nothing to say, i need my lawyer" she said hyperventilating .

"jackpot!!" the dectetive said chuckling.

"I swear the perfect ones sono sempre i più pazzi (they are always the craziest) ..." she added.

"sbagliato(wrong), you are in the wro....." Anastasia said getting interrupted by her lawyer.

"anna ; shut up" her dad said .

"detectice ,we are leaving, call us when you have enough evidence " he said pushing his daughter outside the interrogation room ;

"thanks dad " she added sobbing "you know i didn't do it, i swear" she said crying on her dad's shoulder ;

"...alone " she confessed under her breath.He didn't hear her ,she couldn't confess to her lawyer ,aka dad even if she wanted to.

"i know baby " he answered rubbing her back to calm her heavy breaths.

"Hi sir ...emm.. thanks for your help "

"oh... emmy ; don't worry about it.Well guess am gonna leave you two to catch up."

"Did you do it? "

"yes, i nailed it, as expected . " anna said easily drying her eyes .

She was the best liar of them all. That's why they gave her the hardest mission "the bait" after her little act, she was going to be the main suspect of the whole case ,her group was no longer supervised ,she was about to be the only one being watched, so could she keep up the act ? Or is she going to fail and drag everyone down?