Anastasia 1

Flashback ; 📍

It was a Sunday morning, I woke up at dawn , wore a black tank top , my jeans with a black vest and a red beanie to match the vibe I was going for .

After putting on some good music, I left my room quietly ,my mom saw me « sneaking out » and just wished me good luck.

"Don't overwork yourself " she said to me as I was opening the door .

"Don't worry Ma' " I answered slowly closing the door behind me, i didn't want my dad to wake up and interrogate me ......again. My dad is a lawyer and my mom is a doctor , that's why she is up so early .

I didn't know where to go so I went just like the book mentioned to the abandoned train station , with very low hopes , it isn't like I will just find my bad boy aka Prince Charming sitting there , will I ? What are the odds ?

I thought;

My plan was basically going there , reading that chapter to feel the emotions better, since I really wanted to understand why she did it ? And finally going back home before my dad wakes up.

I would never have guessed what I came across .

Sitting on the train tracks , the most unusual group of people , how did they know each other's, I soon turned to my detective mode and hid behind a tree trying to eavesdrop on their conversation .

It was Emiliana ,everyone called her Emmy ,she is basically the Gretchen of the school (mean girls reference ) she is the most popular girl's "friend",she was smoking something ,sitting besides her is mike i think ,he is one of the school's football players, next to him ,Collin he is the principal's son and gio writing something on his notebook,we had some classes together he is kind of a loner,but no one dares to pick up on him all because his brother is scary .

"How long are we waiting for cole ?" Emmy asked annoyed.

"The boss said today according to the book" a deep voice said, probably Collin's  .

"We've been waiting for hours" Emmy said with a long sigh.

"shut the flick up" gio the quiet one said .

"What ! Is he seriously talking to me like this!" Emmy said standing up .

"Emmy , just calm down , he probably wants to say something" mike said .

"She is here ....." he said turning towards me. And that was how I got my self dead I thought. It was so awkward .

"Eh , hi .. am sorry" I said stepping out of my hiding spot .

"HOW LONG...."

"Emmy shut up please, eh hello Anastasia? Right ?"Cole said standing up .

"Yeah but you can call me Anna"

"What are you doing out here all alone" mike said .

"I was just bored I guess ,and ended up here , am sorry to bother you guys !"

"Yeah,yeah ..." the girl said rolling her eyes .

"How did you know ? Gio, right ?"

"Are you dumb or something, I heard you of course."

"Gio! Stop being mean to her" the short one said .

"Well have a seat !" Cole offered .

"Or leave ...." Emmy said .

"Emmy stop it !!" Mike said hitting her playfully on the shoulder.

As soon as I sat down , Emmy pulled out a joint from her purse and looked at me . She started smoking and passed it to cole , mike didn't smoke because he said he needed his lungs ready for his next game , and gio refused because he just ate an edible. So it was only me left .

"Oh , my bad ... the perfect girl doesn't smoke of course" Emmy said chuckling.

"Emmy !..."

"No cole , let me , what are you really doing here golden girl, acting all friendly and nice ,shouldn't you be studying with your nerd friends , oops I remember you don't have any...."

"I rather not have any friends than have yours ,...you know what ?give me that"

Cole cheered as I started to inhale the smoke , on instinct I started coughing so bad . I got embarrassed when they started laughing but I soon after followed them . Cole showed me the right way apparently there is a right way to smoke weed .

To be honest , I never thought I would end up like this , laughing and smoking with 4 people my age while listening to some indie rock music .

It was nice though.very nice ... that's until I saw a camera's flash .

Am so dead ........

I could only think of how is my future ruined if someone took a video and it got out .

My dad would kill me or worse kick me out of the house and disown me.

I got up and started running towards the flash source .

But no one was there , was I just hallucinating, maybe this is what being high feels like ? Maybe ??

As I got back everyone was laughing , even gio was chuckling. I felt so dumb .

Suddenly , we got interrupted by a noise , it was cole's phone.

He got up replaced his smile with a serious face .

"Hi boss ! We finished the .........."

He said moving away from us .

After less than five minutes he came back with his usual stupid smirk .

"Well guys ,finally the last task is over ,let's get this started"
"Finally..." Gio said .
"Now tell us what's the freaking deal , I have to get my beauty sleep" Emmy said loudly .

"Oh ! What's going on ?"

"I made you all come here because ....."

"Excuse me ! Sorry to interrupt! What do you mean by task "

"Oh girl !! you are so dumb for a smartass"

"Emmy shh ! Anna we put the book in your locker, we didn't really think it would work but guess the boss is always right !" Mike said .

What....

What did I get myself into !!