The Start of the Battle of Five Armies

Rhiannon looked on as Smaug flew towards Lake-Town. She knew she had to help them but how was she to get there in time.

"Come back inside." Thorin whispered in Rhiannon's ear. Rhiannon nodded her head and went back inside. Rhiannon turned back towards Dale as something caught her eye.

"The Lake men are in Dale along with the wood elves!" Rhiannon exclaimed.

"What!?!" Thorin roared. Thorin looked at Dale and noticed the same thing. Rhiannon looked at Thorin scared of what might happen next.

"You're not planning on war are you?" Rhiannon asked.

"If that is what it comes to." Thorin replied turning back to go inside. Rhiannon followed him back inside.

~Later(Time Skip)~

"Are you mad?! You cannot go to war." Bilbo exclaims as Thorin has turned Bard away after refusing to give up a share of the treasure, thus provoking a war between the dwarves and the elves.

"This does not concern you." Thorin snaps at Bilbo.

"Excuse me but just in case you haven't noticed, there is an army of elves out there! Not to mention several hundred angry fishermen. We are, in fact, outnumbered." Bilbo explains.The dwarves and Rhiannon turn to look at Bilbo.

"Not for much longer." Thorin adds.

"What does that mean?" Bilbo asks.

"It means, Master Baggins, you should never underestimate dwarves. We have reclaimed Erebor. Now, we defend it."Thorin snaps.

"Do we have a bargain then? The arkenstone for what was promised? Give us your answer, will you have peace or war?"Bard asks Thorin.

"I will have war!" Thorin replies after seeing dwarves being led by Dain, Thorin's cousin, marching over the hill.Thorin turns and walks back to the throne room.

"I will talk some sense in him." Rhiannon told Bilbo.

"He does listens to you." Bilbo laughed. Rhiannon gave him a small smile before going after Thorin.

"Thorin!" Rhiannon yelled after not finding him in the throne room, "Thorin please come out!"

"Yes?" Thorin asked sneaking up behind Rhiannon.

"My you scared me!" Rhiannon laughed turning towards Thorin. Thorin smirked.

"Is there something wrong my love?" Thorin asked.

"Do you have to go to war?" Rhiannon asked, bluntly. Thorin stood there and just stared at Rhiannon.

"I am doing this for my people." Thorin explained.

"But you promised to give the people of Lake-Town their share." Rhiannon pleaded, "Do you really want to be the kind of King to go back on his promises?"

Thorin thought for a moment before saying, "No."

"Didn't think so." And with that Rhiannon left letting Thorin ponder on what she said hoping that he would come to his senses.