22.

"Your is the light by which my spirit's born: you are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars" – E.E. Cummings

She

Sabrina plopped on the bed next to me, a towel still wrapped around her curls. I almost lost the grip on my phone at the unexpected presence, which earned her a glare.

"Relax. If you are trying to find out the whereabouts of your man, I sent him to the gym, so he can keep those muscles tight for you, and I can drive you to Dr. B..." she wiggled her brows.

"I was just texting Jax, but thank you for letting me know."

She shrugged, "I tell you it was hard to convince him I wanted to drive you today..."

I smiled, giving my phone a rest. "It's kind of our thing, I guess... You know, how it all started."

She rolled closer, so her belly was pressed down. "Actually, no. I don't know, because you didn't mention anything. I'm still mad. How can you start dating Jake Acardi and not tell your sister? Not to mention, I was the one that brought you together."

I scrunched my nose. "Sabrina... things just happened, and it was so recent I wanted to tell you guys in person. Besides, if I have to thank anyone for bringing us together, it would be Miss Blush."

She turned her expression into fake hurt before elbowing my arm, "How can you say that?"

I laughed, "I missed you."

"Me too." She rearranged herself to sit next to me. "That little scene at the airport though...Damn."

I rolled my eyes, "Patience is something Jake has to work on."

"I thought it was romantic..."

"Of course you did."

"For all it's worth it, he caught us off guard, but it wasn't that big of a surprise."

"It wasn't?" I frowned.

Sabrina snorted, "Mom always said he made puppy eyes speaking about you. Dad tried to deny it, blamed it on the lighting." She laughed, "I would say boys don't get this stuff, but to be fair Brian said your little confrontation the first time you met was screaming sexual tension."

I sighed, "Well, he couldn't be more wrong. I was scared out of my mind the day I first saw Jake."

"I'm sorry." She was quick to add, "I shouldn't have said that. I was just trying to focus on the good things, I guess."

"Don't worry." I patted her leg, "I know. And Jake definitely is something good in my life."

"Tell me..." she smiled.

"I feel... great around him, you know? More like myself. It feels as if someone turned up a light inside of my chest..." heat took over my face; I sounded like a silly love-struck teenager. "And he doesn't treat me as if I'm some porcelain doll either... he's different."

My sister leaned forward from her position pulling a pillow against her chest.

"I recognize mom and I can be a little overprotective. We don't mean to make you feel bad, we just worry about you."

"I know, Sabrina."

"I'll do better, be a better sister," she breathed.

I shook my head. "You are already the best sister anyone could ever ask for, Sabrina. Don't misinterpret my words, please."

She nodded and pulled me into a hug. "Still, the only thing you have in common with a porcelain doll is that pretty face of yours. Now let me get ready. I'm your driver today and I don't want to deal with Dr. B's wrath if you're late."