Chapter 15

"What happened?"

Not knowing what to say, Kuroko sat still silently and looked towards the floor. His elbows drawn in as his shoulders hunched over.

Kagami didn't know what to do as the blue crouched into the defense position unconsciously so he just sighed and finished up his meal.

"If you don't want to say, don't. I'm not forcing you." He said and Kuroko looked up again a little.

"Tell me when you're comfortable okay?"

He didn't want to pry into Kuroko's life but wanted to reassure him that he was someone he could talk to.

It was getting late and even though he should've left a while ago, Kagami didn't. Maybe because he lived alone, returning home was just a means to sleep and eat.

Kuroko spent the time studying as he slept the whole day in school and Kagami was given permission to explore the house.

When night came, Kuroko had passed him a pair of boxers and shirt that clearly didn't belong to him for Kagami to wear.

He just assumed he was staying over.

Despite being use to sleeping in only his boxers, Kagami accepted the casual clothes to wear for the comfort before he slept.

"Where am I sleeping? Kagami asked, assuming it would be in the guest room.

"Do you want to sleep together?" Kuroko asked and Kagami blushed at the nonchalant wording.

Kuroko didn't understand why Kagami blushed but the others in the generation of miracles did the same so he brushed it off.

When they lay there bck to back, a few hours slowly ticked by before Kuroko suddenly turned around.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?"

At first, Kagami didn't respond but he was definitely awake.

"To be honest, I'm too excited about the game to sleep." he finally admitted as he turned around too.

"That's not good, you need rest..." Kuroko started and Kagami shook his head.

"I can stay awake for three days in a row, I'm strong." the red head reassured before smirking.

"Unlike you and your tiny body".

Kuroko pouted and crossed his arms, "I have no idea what you mean." and it got Kagami laughing as the red shifted so he could rest a hand on Kuroko's stomach. "Look, see?"

He ended up rolling on top of Kuroko so the blue was pinned underneath him. It took a second for Kagami to realise as it was now Kuroko's face a little tinged with blush, even if it was ridiculously faint.

Maybe it's a little embarrassing because I haven't had hugs in a while... Or because he's warm?

He had a mini argument with himself before just yawning and threw all thoughts away as Kuroko wrapped his arms around Kagami's neck and pulling him down to squish his body.

It was exactly like the night before with Kise as they hugged in the exact same way but this time, Kagami's body encased him in a way Kuroko could only feel nostalgia to.

He's even built like Aomine...

He sighed and his breath hit Kagami's neck and the red couldn't pull away. Instead, he wrapped his arms around Kuroko's waist and rolled so they were in each other's arms.

"Well I guess I should sleep..." Kagami muttered and Kuroko hummed his approval as his eye lids got heavy.

Although... There is a difference between them. Kagami is a little warmer... even if I fit better in Aomine's arms. Aomine had more muscle.

Before the next morning could arrive however, Kagami woke up to see that Kuroko had rolled out of his embrace somehow at night.

Well I wasn't exactly holding him tight.

But now he was concerned as the blue was now on the other side of the bed, thrashing in his sleep.

"Kuroko?"

No response and Kagami's concern only grew as Kuroko's breathing became uneven.

It was then when Kagami saw the pained expression.

A nightmare...

Feeling compelled to hug him, Kagami pulled Kuroko into his arms again, their bodies matching up surprisingly well even if it was a little awkward, and a few minutes later, the shivering stopped.

"Hmm?"

"Good... Morning?" Kagami asked, unsure of what else to say and Kuroko smiled.

"Good morning"

The blue then hurridly got up to leave for the bathroom and Kagami frowned.

"I'm pretty sure that smile is fake..." He whispered underneath his breath as the sound of the shower could be heard.

Knowing it was wrong, Kagami got up and stood by the door, ear pressed close to listen.

The sound of water splashing made him feel a little heated but....

The sound of sobbing made something inside him tick.

"Kuroko!"

The door was busted open and Kagami ran in, with Kuroko huddling his knees in the shower, tears on his face.

"K-kaga-ami?"

Heart in pain, Kagami rushed forward and hugged Kuroko close, not caring that he was now soaked too.

"W-what?"

"Shut up for a bit." Kagami sighed and rubbed a hand on Kuroko's back.

As for Kuroko, he was shocked that Kagami burst in but the pain from his nightmare made his knees weak.

It was another dream where everybody left him again except this time, even Kise and Murasakibara told him right to his face that there was nothing he could've done to help.

And the nightmare shut him once again in the darkness of his mind as the younger version of himself just sat there crying

Although immediately after that, a light smashed through his nightmare and his falling body felt like it was caught.

And when his eyes opened, Kuroko found himself facing Kagami, tightly hugging him.

The pain from the dream and the relief of seeing Kagami had made not crying almost impossible but when Kagami burst in and hugged him, that was the last straw.

Clutching Kagami's soaked shirt, Kuroko cried. His almost silent cries quietly echoing in the bathroom, gradually drowned by the sound of the shower.

Nothing was said but they ate breakfast and headed to school together in their sport kits. Problems came second after basketball, now they had to be ready to face Kise.

"Kurokocchi!!!!"