Reckless Reputation

Picture: ???

Become a Patreon to get early access to chapter + mood boards + character descriptions

Key:-

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Emphasis/Emphasis

After Luffy had suddenly dropped in -- pun intended -- it took him some time to notice the unfamiliar person standing on his ship amongst his crew. Blinking owlishly at the hooded girl he pointed a finger at her before asking who she was -- rather bluntly at that.

"Hello! You must be the captain of this crew! It's nice to meet you! My name is Hiriko, and I've been assigned the job of your tour guide during your stay in Alabasta! Please take care of me."

The crew had been shocked. Rarely did anyone take Luffy to be the captain at first glance, most didn't believe it even after being told so! Though, upon asking her how she figured it out, the girl merely pointed to the skull painted on their sail, having made the obvious link between the straw hat-wearing skull and the straw hat-wearing captain. That makes more sense, they all thought.

After that, the black-haired male who had saved them from Smoker appeared, balancing on the railing of the boat as he spoke. The male was polite and mature -- and all around the polar opposite of their captain, yet, shockingly so, he turned out to be Luffy's brother. The crew had a hard time processing that, as far as their concerned, Luffy and Ace's similarities ended with their black hair.

The Billions' fleet then arrived -- Hiriko wasn't quite sure what or who the "Billions" were but upon seeing the panic in Vivi's expression she didn't hesitate to step up. She could easily take care of them. Although, it would mean completely and utterly abandoning the low-profile plan she had but it wasn't like there was much hope of actually being successful in that approach, at least not while being the infamous Straw Hat Pirates' tour guide. It didn't matter much to her. Plus, she'll make sure that there's no one left to recognize her.

However, as she was practicing the apology she would say to these "Billions" before taking them out, Ace beat her to the punch. Jumping on a small boat, he took out all five ships with a single strike.

Hiriko only watched in amazement, her golden eyes practically glowing and the grasp she had on her cloak (as she prepared to take it off) loosening before completely dropping off.

'So, this is the power of a commander on White Beard's ship...he certainly lives up to his title.'

The shirtless male returned to the ship, resuming his earlier spot on the railing and continuing to converse as if nothing had happened.

The group quickly got over their shock though, surprises and unexpected turn-of-events were something they had grown accustomed to. They were, after all, the norm when sailing with Luffy. Currently, everyone was gathered on the deck, chatting among themselves.

Grabbing the opportunity, Hiriko -- who had stayed in the background during all the earlier mentioned events, for fear of intruding -- carefully slinked away from in between Nami and Vivi, somehow managing to slip out of the loose grip the orange-haired girl had around her waist and the one Vivi had around her arm, without them noticing.