Taunted Tale

Picture: ???

Become a Patreon to get early access to chapter + mood boards + drawings of Hiriko!

Keys:-

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Emphasis/Emphasis

Flashbacks -- if it's longer than two words

.

.

.

Taunted Tale

.

.

.

It didn't take Hiriko long to know what she had to do, or rather what she'd prefer to do.

'I'll go to the rebels myself.'

However, it must have been hours later when she finally got the chance to slip away. Initially, she planned to do it during the night. It would put her behind schedule, but she'd just have to push herself a little more than usual. However, when a sand storm suddenly attacked them, Hiriko couldn't allow the chance to slip past her fingers.

With that, she gently pushed Vivi to take her place, watching as Ace quickly wrapped his arms around Vivi in a hold that was undoubtedly intended for her.

Without looking back, Hiriko pulled her hooded up -- as it had fallen off early in their travel and before she could adjust it a certain blonde chef had practically begged her to keep it down. At the time, she just couldn't find it in herself to deny his sweet request to "gaze upon her angelic features in full display."

It didn't Hirko long to leave the clearing the others were in. She sprinted, heading down the path she had started mentally mapping out the minute she thought of going to Kortea herself.

She wasn't worried about the group going to look for her, they might stay back for a minute or two, but she knew they would ultimately continue on their way to Yuba and then Rainbase -- why they had such interest on reaching Rainbase, Hiriko wasn't sure, though she had a suspicion that it had something to do with the Shicibuki who had seemingly taken over the public, and the enraged princess whose father was under the intense heat and scrutiny of the people of Alabasta. It was just an assumption though.

The group would continue, she was sure. Yet, her mind still replayed the scene in which she had given them the instructions as a precaution, as if to reassure herself.

"What's this, Hiriko-chan?" Usopp asked, looking at the rolled-up paper in his hands. Everyone else in the crew had a similar paper, even Ace.

"Maps. I took the liberty of drawing them myself, so I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies. However, I believe they will still be able to serve their purpose." The brunette explained.

"Their purpose being?" Ace asked, inspecting the map. He found it highly impressive, the map was obviously hand-drawn but it marked almost every place they could possibly pass on their journey, as well as multiple other routes they could take. This will be greatly useful.

"I suppose they can be seen as a precaution. It is very easy to get lost in the desert, especially considering how common sandstorms have become. In case any of us were to be separated, I recommend we highlight our final destination so that we can meet up once again." Hiriko explained, feeling proud at the rare display of planning from herself. She was one for in the moment decisions, many of which proved to be unwise."I wish I could have also given you compasses, however, I only have one, which is currently being held by Nami-san. I thought it would best she hold on to it."