Urban Planning

Im not as apathetic about Rebirth as I thought I would be but shits been busy for me lately so I'm sorry that updates are still very slow ): I'm also kinda of disappointed how the last couple chapters turned out but oh well

Construction of the village was quick and efficient, the Senju carpentry skills being extremely useful. As they were constructing the first residential sectors, the Uchiha were in charge of spreading the news of a new settlement protected by both the Uchiha and the Senju in which all clans were welcome. Sakura sat in Madara's living room, arms and legs crossed and a contemplative expression. On the coffee table was a hand-drawn map of where Konoha would be located—right up against the cliff Sakura had so adamantly suggested. Hashirama and Madara bickered on how to plan out the village sectors while Sakura tried to remember the layout of Konoha and what could have been improved upon. Urban planning was surprisingly complex.

"Alright. Civilian residential district. Here." She placed a finger on the west side of the map. "That way we can expand outward west and southwest if the civilian population grows. We can allow individual plazas and shops to open up on their own naturally but the main shopping district should be in the middle, expanding south. Shinobi district in the east, expanding east and southeast. We can put all our farmland mostly in the south. From there it's mostly just adding parks and shit, no? Now, let's start on a more detailed map with roads and stuff—that's the hard part. I dont know why you guys had to argue so much on whether shinobi should live to the east or the west, jeez."

Hashirama puffed up, turning to Madara and saying, "See? Saku-chan agreed with me."

Madara raised his lip in a snarl at his friend's provocation. "She probably chose at random, bitc––."

"Alright! Fuck this shit. I'm going to go take a nap. You boys have fun with planning the roads." Sakura slapped her knees as she stood up.

"Has Aikena come to visit lately?" Madara called as Sakura made her way out of the living room.

"Nope, I think she found a boyfriend in the woods to be honest."

"What?" He cried, making Sakura pause in the doorway for a moment.

"Hello she's a fully grown grizzly bear what do you want from her? Get ready for grandkids any time now."

Hashirama snickered as Madara turned back to the map with a shell shocked expression on his face.

She made her way to Madara's bedroom and flopped onto his bed. She pulled the blanket up to her chin and rolled onto her side, snuggling into a pillow that smelled like Madara. Ever since she had fallen asleep for the first time in years a couple days ago, Sakura had become addicted to the feeling of blissful nothingness. She had been conscious for too many years straight––living in Madara's head and simply watching his dreams at night. Now naps felt way better than they probably should have.

Before drifting off, Sakura let her curiosity about the bear her and Madara had raised make her fuzzily push out her chakra and feel around the forest for the grizzly's life chakra signature. Instead, she sensed something that made her bolt out of bed. Seven or eight rather powerful and vaguely familiar signatures congregating in the woods. If that wasn't sus she didn't know what was.

She yanked opened the bedroom door to call a "going out!" to the boys and left through the window without her shoes.

Despite her rush, the forest clearing was empty when Sakura got there. The signatures had split up and were long gone, leaving only wisps of left over chakra that Sakura soaked up and memorized—a suspicious glint gleaning in her eyes.

"Why are you so quiet today? We just passed by the old guy you have the hots for and you didn't comment on his 'dorito shape'. What's up with you?"

"Hush, boy. I'm focusing." Sakura had her eyes shut lightly in focus, sniffing around the passerby's chakras as Madara walked through the Uchiha settlement.

"On what exactly?"

Sakura's nose scrunched as she struggled to divide her attention between searching for the chakra signatures she had memorized the day before and her conversation with Madara. "I sensed some weird cult meeting in the forest yesterday. Pretty powerful signatures that felt kind of familiar. Probably belong to some high up Uchihas. Disrupted my nap. Now I'm looking." She responded choppily.

"What do you think the cult meeting was about?"

"You." Before Madara could inquire further, Sakura's let out an excited hum. "I think I found one. 3 o'clock."

Madara's eyes met his father's former right hand man. Buto gave him a polite nod that the young clan head returned. "What, you think Buto was gossiping about me with some other elders in the forest yesterday?"

"What else would they be talking about. You saw how pissy some of them got about the Konoha plan."

Madara shrugged in partial agreement.

Today they were going to Hashirama's house to continue with planning out the village and reading through reports. The walk to the edge of the Uchiha settlement was a quick one—with Sakura only pointing out one other familiar chakra signature out of the seven she had sensed the day before—not an elder this time but one of the stronger and more vocal shinobi in the clan.

Sakura materialized half way through the run through the forest and got to Hashirama's house in her usual white dress. Hashirama gave her a once over as he opened the door and quickly let them inside—Sakura's hair was earning them a few curious glances.

"Sakura where are your shoes?"

Sakura looked down at her bare feet, blinking slowly. "Oh. I guess I forgot." Sakura really had forgotten then she didn't materialize with shoes on.

Hashirama stared for a second before simply shaking his head in disbelief and leading them further into the house. They sat around the kitchen table, Hashirama rolling out the map in front of them and placing a couple scrolls of reports by Madara.

Sakura turned in her seat when she caught some movement in her peripheral. A pale young man stood in the doorway, awkwardly eyeing the company Hashirama had over. "You must be Tobirama! You look absolutely nothing like Hashirama."

"Who are you?" He sneered back.

"Sakura Haruno."

He glared at her for a while, turning his gaze to Madara for a few harsh moments before turning and leaving. They heard the door shut as he left the house without another word.

Hashirama sat down slowly. "Sorry about that. He's still not completely on board with this whole alliance thing. But he'll come around soon enough."

The trio got to work, finalizing the plan for the village and Hashirama stepping out for a few short minutes to pass it to the Senju shinobi in charge of construction. They then read through the reports, Madara and Hashirama skimming through and summarizing aloud and Sakura jotting down notes on the important details.

It seemed that the Uchiha were doing a good job at spreading the word Konoha's construction. They were already set to have a population of over three thousand. A little over five hundred from the Senju and Uchiha clans combined and about one and a half thousand from other clans in the surrounding areas. The remaining population was estimated from interest from travellers and civilian settlements nearby.

The village was lined up to be built and ready to be populated in a little over two weeks. Even with their wood style jutsu, the Senju were making exceptionally quick work of building all the necessities.

Sakura grinned at her boys, the pride blooming in her chest slowly overshadowing the quaking anxiety in her stomach.

What should I name this chapter? Pls comment suggestions hehe

Fun fact: Madara was supposed to be the first Hokage but some Senju has a problem with that so they suggested a vote and Hashirama won because hes a cutie