Harry's Memories

"Ah, students." Professor Dumbledore greeted, standing in front of them next to his phoenix. "Unfortunately, today, we will not be looking at Tom Riddle's memories or any deal of training." He announced sadly, glancing at each of them.

"Then... what will we be doing, Professor?" Hermione asked curiously. Dumbledore hung his head slightly.
"The memories... of Harry Potter."
Hermione gasped and quickly grasped Harry's hand in a show of support. Harry's face turned white.

"Are- are you sure, professor?" He asked uncertainly. Dumbledore nodded gravely and Harry literally backed up into a wall as he remembered that night at the graveyard.

"No." Harry stated.
"Harry, this was not my original decision either, but this is the only way to truly understand Voldemort's fighting technique." Dumbledore sighed.
"Harry." Hermione took his hand, which was shaking. "I don't want to do this either, but we have to. Please? For me?" She pleaded. A flicker of mischief appeared on Harry's face for a second, before being replaced by the original fear.

"Fine."

"And I'm coming with him, Professor." Hermione demanded.
"Miss Granger, I doubt Harry would have preferred it any other way." Dumbledore's eyes twinkled slightly. Her cheeks turned pink for a second, but returned to normal when Dumbledore pulled the Pensieve from a hole in the wall.

He then pressed his wand to Harry's temple lightly, extracting a silvery substance from it, and flicking it into the Pensieve. Harry felt the strangest sensation that didn't help his nerves in the slightest.

"Do we have to?" Harry looked up at Dumbledore with pleading eyes.
"We must." Dumbledore said sadly. Hermione grabbed Harry's hand and slowly pulled him to the Pensieve. Harry offered no resistance, but he was shaking the whole time. She brought a hand to the back of his head, and slowly edged it into the Pensieve as she leaned her own head in. They were both sucked into the magic plate and landed next to each other, hands still together.

When she realised where they were, Hermione grabbed Harry's arm, which was shaking even more now.

They were in the room of the Mirror of Erised.

A young Harry was walking down the steps, and Professor Quirrel had his back to him, as he was staring at the mirror, trying to get the stone. Old Harry pulled out his wand, but Hermione used her free arm to stop him.

"It's just a memory." She reminded him. Then, right as young Harry noticed Quirrel, Dumbledore appeared next to them. Seeing as he was just a memory, both other memories were not affected.

"You!" Young Harry emphasised. As the scene played out, Hermione's grip on Harry's arm grew tighter and tighter. Harry was grateful for Hermione. He put an arm around her and watched the scene sadly. When Quirrel launched himself at Harry, Hermione flinched and hid her head in Harry's shoulder. When Quirrel started falling apart at Harry's touch, Dumbledore's eyes widened. He didn't expect the damage to be this deadly. He reminded himself to reward Harry a bit more thoroughly once they left the Pensieve.

Finally, Quirrel turned to dust, and the smoky spirit of Voldemort flew straight through Harry, knocking him out. Hermione instantly ran to help him, but Harry held her back and looked her straight in the eye. Hermione seemed to understand that Harry was alive and well.

A slightly younger Dumbledore entered after a few minutes. After seeing young Harry, he waved his hand and young Harry started levitating. The younger Dumbledore stared at the stone for a while, then finally sent a blasting hex towards it, and the brittle red stone exploded into a million pieces. He then carried Harry out of the room, heading to the hospital wing.

Then, the memory shifted and they were standing in the chamber of secrets. Hermione's grip on Harry's arm was reinstated as they watched young Harry walk towards Ginny's body, begging her to wake up. Hermione stiffened slightly, and Harry rubbed a thumb across her hand to calm her down.